• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for Toadstool anyone? U/D back from Vets Sat morning

He's awake but still groggy so I can't collect him til 5. Will update when I've collected him and will post pic at the same time. Thank you for all the vibes. :wave: I like his name too but the Vet staff always laugh at it...:?

ETA He's home - still a bit groggy and he hasn't eaten yet so I'll give him another 30 mins and then syringe feed. He did just stamp his foot at me though :love:

Here's some pics of his new haircut but also one showing his scar, so don't look if squeamish....

in the carrier this morning
Picture021-1.jpg

home and refusing to sit on the towel - prefers cold lino! :shock:
Picture024-1.jpg

look what a brave boy I is!
Picture026-1.jpg

Last edited:
He's awake but still groggy so I can't collect him til 5. Will update when I've collected him and will post pic at the same time. Thank you for all the vibes. :wave: I like his name too but the Vet staff always laugh at it...:?

Thats great news :wave:

Bet they don;t laugh as hard as when I have to book Spud-Gun and Hedgehog in.

When they were neutered one of the nurses saw Hedgehogs name on the board for neutering and couldn't work out why they were castrating an actual hedgehog :oops:

Thats great news :wave:

Bet they don;t laugh as hard as when I have to book Spud-Gun and Hedgehog in.

When they were neutered one of the nurses saw Hedgehogs name on the board for neutering and couldn't work out why they were castrating an actual hedgehog :oops:

Thank you!

Cross-posted with the update pics! Hedgehog is a great name too :love: - I also get funny looks when I take Captain Carrot, who insists on his full title at all times... :?

I'm glad all went well and he's nomming greensies :) I must say his haircut has certainly changed his appearance :lol: but I bet he'll be so much happier on those warm days!!! Mr Bean is a trend setter this rugged shorthair look is rapidly becoming all the rage!

Thanks to all. :D

Toadstool has been nomming a fair amount tonight and we have normal-looking poops. He's on metacam and baytril but has also had some injections, and a bloodtest, which showed his liver was fine. They did a dental and removed a lump from his side under GA and he's going back for a checkup Saturday morning. I took some manuka honey for them to pack into the wound this time, but haven't spoken to the vet yet about how big/deep the abscess was and what exactly they did with his teeth; will do that when I see him. Suspect we'll have to return to the depocillin injections, perhaps for life :cry:. But at least he's through his second op safely and seems to be recovering well, so all the vibes have worked - thank you! :wave:

Nicky feel awful as only just seen this:oops:
So glad Toadstool came through ok xxx

Noooo that's fine - I know your hands are very full! :wave: And thanks to everyone who's posted.

The good news is that Toadstool ate loads overnight, he has erm "decorated" :oops: the floor of the utility room, and is now nomming away this morning. After his metacam (ready for injection wearing off) he'll be out in the garden. Will feel happier when I've spoken to the vet but if, as I suspect, it was his teeth causing the problem, it was lucky the GA allowed us to catch the new abcess before it got bad enough to cause any weight loss. But I suspect it will mean depocillin injections for at least a year... :?

Back