• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boobly Bear joins the honey drug club

Sounds as though the Metacam is helping Boo.

Just a thought, would it be possible to get a sharp knife and slice the memory foam in half? If it worked, it might encourage Boo to use it as it would be lower and also you'd have two, so one for Eddy as well.

Sounds as though the Metacam is helping Boo.

Just a thought, would it be possible to get a sharp knife and slice the memory foam in half? If it worked, it might encourage Boo to use it as it would be lower and also you'd have two, so one for Eddy as well.

yes i think it is. Its not really sliceable - maybe by Eddy claws but not evenly as its dimply. I'll try folded blankeys either side . Its not deep, she's just programmed herself to move around obstacles

Really pleased that Boo is responding well to the metacam, shame she can't recognise the comfy bed, hope the folded blanky help her to get up to it, I'm sure Eddy will give her a helping paw :)

Really pleased that Boo is responding well to the metacam, shame she can't recognise the comfy bed, hope the folded blanky help her to get up to it, I'm sure Eddy will give her a helping paw :)

I don't think he wants to share the new digging bed / toilet:lol:

I hope BB continues to improve her mobility now she is on metacam. It's lucky it's easy to administer
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

What a lovely update. I would have thought the grunts were because Eddy was being a pest. It must warm your heart to see her moving better in spite of her blindness.

I hope BB continues to improve her mobility now she is on metacam. It's lucky it's easy to administer
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Thanks Motty. Yep she's enjoying the shreddie its delivered on

What a lovely update. I would have thought the grunts were because Eddy was being a pest. It must warm your heart to see her moving better in spite of her blindness.

Thanks so much. I reckon its her tolerance of him being a pest was lower because she felt pain. We've all been there.

I actually think she looks a bit more smiley too, though wouldn't trust my assessment of that :lol:

Just seen that Boo is on the sugar meds, so pleased it’s helping her move around. Also amazed they did a conscious x Ray, she must be very calm and compliant. Sounds like Eddy is horny like Zigs. Naughty lad.

Where did you get your memory foam mattress from? I’ve been thinking of getting one too. But will try to find a low profile one as Zigs arthritis is pretty bad.

Just seen that Boo is on the sugar meds, so pleased it’s helping her move around. Also amazed they did a conscious x Ray, she must be very calm and compliant. Sounds like Eddy is horny like Zigs. Naughty lad.

Where did you get your memory foam mattress from? I’ve been thinking of getting one too. But will try to find a low profile one as Zigs arthritis is pretty bad.

thank you. I must ask Ruth how they do conscious xrays on their side. Rudey & Joey didnt have any sedation for theirs either.

Boo's mattress is from ebay, I'm not sure I'd recommend it. I'd probably buy a thinner piece memory foam from ebay & make a cover. I saw your other thread - memory foam good at holding heat. Keep us updated. Hope you find something to help keep him warm & cosy

I'm so glad the Metacam is definitely clearly helping her. :love: But, aw, she hasn't tried out her new bed yet. Eddy on the other hand... I think he might have been taking lessons from Casper. ;) I hope making a little "step" for Boo with some blankets will help her get up there.

Are they all very calm and compliant? It would be great if you could ask your vet about how she does it.

Thanks for letting me know about her mattress, sorry to hear it’s a little too thick. Guy pointed out that we have an old memory foam mattress topper that we were going to chuck, so I might chop it up and put a cover on a piece. And when I’m better sew a few covers

Are they all very calm and compliant? It would be great if you could ask your vet about how she does it.

Thanks for letting me know about her mattress, sorry to hear it’s a little too thick. Guy pointed out that we have an old memory foam mattress topper that we were going to chuck, so I might chop it up and put a cover on a piece. And when I’m better sew a few covers

i would defo do that, good plan

I'm so glad the Metacam is definitely clearly helping her. :love: But, aw, she hasn't tried out her new bed yet. Eddy on the other hand... I think he might have been taking lessons from Casper. ;) I hope making a little "step" for Boo with some blankets will help her get up there.

thank you. She's bumbled on and off it a few times this afternoon but hasn't stayed. I think next I'll try a thinner piece of memory foam. a rabbit surely can't need much depth given their weight

thank you. She's bumbled on and off it a few times this afternoon but hasn't stayed. I think next I'll try a thinner piece of memory foam. a rabbit surely can't need much depth given their weight
That sounds like a good idea. Casper and Sophie barely make a dent in theirs, so it definitely doesn't have to be very thick.

Boo had her review at Crab Lane today. Very little to report. 2.1k (small gain), eyes & wrist no worse. It was the most uneventful vet visit ever but i needed to post cos of this

0ibLXsBl.jpg

:lol:

& this

hWYPAWtl.jpg

I gave him a break from being suffocated by a very moulty Boo, she seemed to enjoy it, but did a big pee on the sleeve & pocket of my jacket :lol:

at least it was on the way home this time

Uneventful vet visits are by far the very best sort :D Glad that all was well.

I'm not convinced that Eddy enjoyed that experience :lol:

Uneventful vet visits are by far the very best sort :D Glad that all was well.

I'm not convinced that Eddy enjoyed that experience :lol:

at least he wasn't peed on :lol:

Boo loves her metacam now. About a week ago I offered her syringe on the off chance and she was very keen, has been every time since. Eddy has been watching with interest and the other morning rushed over to put his mouth over the syringe :lol: FOMO

Back