• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Valerie - updated 21/12 post 53

I think I have discovered a new bonding method. Send one of them to the vets for the day. Valerie has been snuggled up together since her return. I am in shock, they weren't that close when she left :shock::D

Awwww that's so lovely :love:

I'm so happy Valerie is nomming.

Only just seen this, but I am thrilled that Valerie is nomming and the dental and vet visit hasn't had too much of an effect on the bond xx

Goodness knows what went on in my lounge last night, its going to take me all day to clean that mess up, but I am happy that the buns are happy :lol:

She is very bright and has just finished being fed a bowl of mushy pellets, but doesn't like porridge :D Thanks for asking

Sounding like a much better day than yesterday :)

Sort of yes. Yesterday morning I thought she could be "fixed" now I know she can't:(, but at least she is home and holding her own, which is all I want for her now :)

Seeing her squished up with the other bunnies, getting washes is :love::love:

We have had a bit of a miracle this afternoon :) Valerie managed to eat a little bit of solid food with the others at teat time :D Not enough for her to manage on and she had plenty of mushed pellets and baby food too but I am really pleased :D:D

Got a little side tracked with the new bunny this morning, but the original reason we were at the vets was for Valerie to have her incisors burred and teeth checked.

Although she is still really lively we are very worried that she is in pain. You can't get near her face as she flinches so badly and the vets had the same problem today. She is still eating her mushy food although she has the odd hour here and there when she doesn't eat :? Her personality has definitely changed, she is becoming more aggressive towards us and less tolerant of the cats and some bunnies :(

the vet have said it is our call whether we carry on. I really don't know what to do, she is running around, looks great and generally eating fairly well so it doesn't seem right to take her to be pts. But at the same time she is not the same bunny, we know she is in pain so how much more pain do we let her go through before she is huddled in the corner refusing to eat??

i really don't know what to do for the best for her :cry:

I'm sorry you have this difficult decision to make. It sounds as if she is really starting to struggle now, but I can understand your reluctance to have her pts when she still seems to have a good quality of life in between times. :( xxx

I'm sorry you have this difficult decision to make. It sounds as if she is really starting to struggle now, but I can understand your reluctance to have her pts when she still seems to have a good quality of life in between times. :( xxx

Thanks Susan. Thats the thing I am not sure how great her quality of life is despite appearances as she must be in considerable pain all the time but is covering it up so well :?

Thanks Susan. Thats the thing I am not sure how great her quality of life is despite appearances as she must be in considerable pain all the time but is covering it up so well :?
Is there any form of pain relief she can have? Or is she already on that?

Back