• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding q

It took a lot of commitment from you to stay around the clock near the bunnies and intervene if necessary. Well done.
This was actually the hardest bit for me, I'm not good at sitting still πŸ˜‚ but I couldn't focus on crochet, I played a game on my laptop in the end and organised my sideboard πŸ˜‚ ohh and braided freddie's long bits of fur whilst he slept πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This was actually the hardest bit for me, I'm not good at sitting still πŸ˜‚ but I couldn't focus on crochet, I played a game on my laptop in the end and organised my sideboard πŸ˜‚ ohh and braided freddie's long bits of fur whilst he slept πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You put bunnies before your own comfort!πŸ˜‡
What, no photos of Freddie in braids?

Yes, photo of Freddie in braids, please. πŸ˜‚ I think you could give yourself more credit for how well the bonding has gone, but if you insist it was just luck I'm not going to force you. :ROFLMAO: They make a lovely couple. :love:

I also wanna see Freddie in braids.

I think the main skill with bonding is just to be brave enough to do it. I reckon most M+F pairs will bond (most) given the right environment, & an observer who knows when to intervene & to not bring loads of nervy stress to the bonding table. I'm actually terrible at not getting stressed & not interfering.

You put bunnies before your own comfort!πŸ˜‡
What, no photos of Freddie in braids?
I didn't actually take any! It was just his back of leg hair didn't use hairbands or anything πŸ˜‚ he has this long hair on the backs of his legs and there was a few on his ears πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yes, photo of Freddie in braids, please. πŸ˜‚ I think you could give yourself more credit for how well the bonding has gone, but if you insist it was just luck I'm not going to force you. :ROFLMAO: They make a lovely couple. :love:
I really wish I'd taken pictures now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I do it a lot when he's laying on me sleeping πŸ˜‚ I'll try get a picture next time.

I didn't do much except gently seperate them a few times and watch them that's probably why it feels like I didn't do anything πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I also wanna see Freddie in braids.

I think the main skill with bonding is just to be brave enough to do it. I reckon most M+F pairs will bond (most) given the right environment, & an observer who knows when to intervene & to not bring loads of nervy stress to the bonding table. I'm actually terrible at not getting stressed & not interfering.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'll definitely get a picture

Actually yea I think you're right, just trying, keeping calm and not freaking out is like the key things. Also I let things happen a bit and watched if they resolved before interfering. I only stopped it if it was too much, coz I figured they needed to communicate etc. My aim was disagreements fizzle out on their own rather than needing outside input πŸ˜‚ it's definitely scary tho I was worried in case a bad injury happened. I kept my emotions under control tho I think, it's definitely worse with your own buns I think, not that I care less about other people rabbits but I reckon it would be easier to be objective about stuff, whereas Clementine basically asking me, her trusted human, to get out was really hard to ignore!

They were proper out of it but I wasn't sneaky enough so they woke up unfortunately πŸ˜‚ but they're soo cute together, gunna clean them out in a min so will put them in the carrier for the first time
1000082928.jpg

Just been catching up with the star bonder of the month! 😍
A large lump in my throat reading "... Clementine basically asking me, her trusted human, to get out" and they are not even my bunnies!

Just been catching up with the star bonder of the month! 😍
A large lump in my throat reading "... Clementine basically asking me, her trusted human, to get out" and they are not even my bunnies!
Yeaa that was the absolutely the worst bit for me, coz she was looking at me like, you did this! Me and Clementine are very close so it was so hard. But I'm glad I didn't stop coz now she's forgiven me and has a really good friend and her and him seem so in love 😍

Yeaa that was the absolutely the worst bit for me, coz she was looking at me like, you did this! Me and Clementine are very close so it was so hard. But I'm glad I didn't stop coz now she's forgiven me and has a really good friend and her and him seem so in love 😍
Isn't it just the best outcome (all thanks to you). Its a bit like being cruel to be kind.

Back