• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding q

Graciee

Staff member
Sorry not been around much I've been super sick for what feels like forever but actually I'm just on week 3 😂

Idk if I've lost the plot but easter I've got 4 days where I can lay on the sofa constantly if I want, so I'm gunna try bonding Clementine and Willoughby 😬

I'm gunna set a new cage up in living room, so I can sleep next to it too, and just put hay on floor and nada else. Will have gloves and small sweeper brush for emergencies too. But the question is, who goes in first?

Like I can't put both of them in exactly at the same time... Does it matter who goes in first? 😂

Any other tips welcome and prayers that one of them doesn't do lasting damage to the other please 😂😅

Oh Graciee really sorry to hear that you have been so poorly, hope you will be better soon. Can't advise on bonding, plenty of others will, but good luck anyway and look after yourself xx

Sorry you are poorly Graciee.
I‘m no expert on bonding but I do remember, I think, that it can be better to put the buck in first as does are more territorial.

Oh Graciee really sorry to hear that you have been so poorly, hope you will be better soon. Can't advise on bonding, plenty of others will, but good luck anyway and look after yourself xx
Thank you :) I'm hoping I'm coming out the other side of it now 😂 feel terrible tho tbh.

Thanks I'm really nervous about trying 😂 xx

Sorry you are poorly Graciee.
I‘m no expert on bonding but I do remember, I think, that it can be better to put the buck in first as does are more territorial.
Oo yea that makes a lot of sense actually!

Thank you :)

I hope you feel better soon. When I bonded Frosty (M) and Fern (F) I put him in first and her in immediately after, as he was diddy and she was much bigger! good luck with the bonding xx

I think it makes absolute sense to put the male in first. Like Babsie I also remember reading it on the forum and think it was tonibun who advised that this was the way to go.

Oh, best of luck! I always put Alfie in last as he was most territorial. If in doubt, I'd put the buck in first though.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm afraid that's just the way it is :ROFLMAO: Time to worry though when you forget everything!
I'm sure I used to know how to scan a picture to an email or listen to a BBC Sounds podcast - but today I don't!

eeeekkkkk. Good luck Graicee & behave yourself buns. Really hope it works out. I like feeding lots of fresh - for some reason I always end up bonding during forage season but if unavailable I'd use herbs / greens. It avoids the possessiveness they get with nuggets &, for me at least, all bondees have had nice feasts together

I'm wishing you the best of luck. I really hope they'll like each other. ❤️ The only tip I have is to try to remain calm as Clementine and Willoughby could pick up on your nerves. That's easier said than done, though, I know! Maybe have something nice to focus on while you keep an eye on them.

I'm sorry you've been so sick for weeks now, too. I hope you'll feel better.

Appreciate all the info thanks everyone :)

Idk why, but I started today 😂 no idea how it's going tbh, Clementine is sooo dominant, well I knew that already 😂 feel very underprepared mentally to do this 😬

Ooh, starting early! Good luck! We're here to support you! Sounds like Clementing definitely wants to be the boss. 😂 It shouldn't be a problem as long as Willoughby is fine with it.

Ooh good luck bunnies, play nicely ! Hope you've got some knitting or crochet on the go Graciee, take your mind off them 😊

Ooh, starting early! Good luck! We're here to support you! Sounds like Clementing definitely wants to be the boss. 😂 It shouldn't be a problem as long as Willoughby is fine with it.
Yeaaa he accepted several humps and dominance eye licks... He's also eating and grooming but they keep like Idk, you know when hares box? That but low down on the floor. If it doesn't stop I put broom in middle.

He keeps trying to come over but she stops him getting close and is just sitting in a corner :( so Idk what that means tbh.

Back