• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Valerie - updated 21/12 post 53

Lots and lots of vibes. I have everything crossed that she can pull through this and have many more bunny snuggles. x

Oh poor Valerie :( sending millions of vibes that she starts eating and can have a bit more time with you xx

Unfortunately Valerie is no better but I have bought her home. I rubbed my hands in poo and then put my hands over her before I let her out of the carry box. As soon as she went out she went straight over to bobbi and lay next to her. Bobbi spent 5 minutes sniffing her all over before my nerves couldn't take it any more and I called them over :oops: Valerie then went over for a long drink of water :)

Hopefully the bond hasn't suffered, but what the outcome of this will be I don;t know. We have decided that if I can get Valerie eating mush voluntarily off a teaspoon by the end of the weekend then we will keep her going as long as we feel she has a quality of life. If she still needs to be syringe fed by Monday morning she isn't going to improve and we will let her go :(

Oh no I'm so sorry the news isn't better loads and loads of vibes for little Valerie.

You tell Bobbles she has to be nice or aunty Rachael won't be happy with her :p

Oh no I am so sad reading about Valerie. She is so lovely and looks like my Mr Bennett. I really hope she will take her syringe feeds. Mega healing vibes for Valerie. xxx

If anyone has any suggestions of meals I can make for her I would be really grateful.

Yesterday she ate 3 small bowls of soaked pellets, one whole sachet of recovery food and half a pouch of Ella's kitchen, all from me feeding her with a teaspoon. If I can get her back to that I will be happy

Hi Liz

Im so glad that she is home and that the bond doesnt seem to have suffered.

Yours is one of the hardest lives because of the types of buns that you have there but even the smallest successes are all the more joyous because of that.

Sending you millions of vibes, I hope you can get her to eat.

Oh I really hope Valerie pulls through this ok.

The only "recipie" that worked for me was ground up pellets with a measure of the white critical care powder, a teaspoon of 100% apple and pear baby puree and water.

Joey was on that for three weeks solid and would sit and take it happily from the syringe.

I hope she picks up xx

:cry: Sorry to see this sad turn of events, and sending lots of vibes for Valerie accepting special noms over the weekend.

Thinking of the other three as well, as they will probably be wondering what is going on.

Thanks Susan, the other 3 pretty much go with the flow. As long as they get food at the allotted times all is good with the world!

I'm sorry it's not better news atm Liz. :) I really hope Valerie will be eating voluntarily soon. :love:

My girl is such a star :love::love: She has just eaten 2/3 of a sachet of recovery food from a spoon:D Just shows that home is the best place for poorly bunnies. If this continues then there will be no pts. We will take each day as it comes and enjoy our time together until she looks uncomfortable or her enthusiasm for food disappears. Can't ask for any more than that :)

I think I have discovered a new bonding method. Send one of them to the vets for the day. Valerie has been snuggled up together since her return. I am in shock, they weren't that close when she left :shock::D

I think I have discovered a new bonding method. Send one of them to the vets for the day. Valerie has been snuggled up together since her return. I am in shock, they weren't that close when she left :shock::D

:shock: Rainbow Rabbits never follow the bonding rules. ;):lol:

Back