• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding q

Ah, sounds like the snoring is fine, then, if she's been doing it for longer. The things you learn when you sleep next to a rabbit. 😁

It sounds like it's going really well, so I think you could leave the room as long as you can keep an eye/ear on them. They're really cute sleeping next to each other. 🥰

I'm really not experienced enough to give an expert opinion on this. I've never had a rabbit who snores and when I've heard a grunt, it's usually been a one-off or with gaps in between. BUT to me that doesn't sound like snoring. It is regular? I'm not sure it could be grunting either. Plus she isn't really doing things, which would make her grunt. Is she doing it constantly or was it only when she was sleeping? It seems to be associated with her breathing, which of course snoring would. Does it sound the same as when you've heard her snore previously?

As I say though, I might be completely wrong.

I'm really not experienced enough to give an expert opinion on this. I've never had a rabbit who snores and when I've heard a grunt, it's usually been a one-off or with gaps in between. BUT to me that doesn't sound like snoring. It is regular? I'm not sure it could be grunting either. Plus she isn't really doing things, which would make her grunt. Is she doing it constantly or was it only when she was sleeping? It seems to be associated with her breathing, which of course snoring would. Does it sound the same as when you've heard her snore previously?

As I say though, I might be completely wrong.
Yea it's like normal, I just didn't realise she snored so much! I don't think it's grunting, grunting is bit different and normally the rabbit like lunges forward when they do it I've seen. Yea it's when she's sleeping. So I guess just snoring!

Ah, sounds like the snoring is fine, then, if she's been doing it for longer. The things you learn when you sleep next to a rabbit. 😁

It sounds like it's going really well, so I think you could leave the room as long as you can keep an eye/ear on them. They're really cute sleeping next to each other. 🥰
Yea hopefully I can do some stuff nearby today, I got a new steam mop yesterday dying to try that out hahaha

Yea it's like normal, I just didn't realise she snored so much! I don't think it's grunting, grunting is bit different and normally the rabbit like lunges forward when they do it I've seen. Yea it's when she's sleeping. So I guess just snoring!
I'm glad she's only doing it while she's sleeping. Sounds more likely that it's snoring then.

The sounds gone on my lap top so I can't listen...but Boo & Mousey - big snorers. Rabbits snore a lot, I wouldn't worry.

Amazing job with the bonding ❤️ I never really know whats going on half the time😍 who can really understand the inner depths of the rabbit psyche 🤣 I don't even understand myself

Try leaving them for a brief while but record them to see if they behave differently when you go (if you cba)

I'm mega impressed. Groomies from both buns 😍

The sounds gone on my lap top so I can't listen...but Boo & Mousey - big snorers. Rabbits snore a lot, I wouldn't worry.

Amazing job with the bonding ❤️ I never really know whats going on half the time😍 who can really understand the inner depths of the rabbit psyche 🤣 I don't even understand myself

Try leaving them for a brief while but record them to see if they behave differently when you go (if you cba)

I'm mega impressed. Groomies from both buns 😍
Yea I feel like that, I never quite know 😂

I have a camera on them 24/7 anyway, in case I fell asleep last night and woke up to something then I could play back what happened etc. They don't seem that bothered whether I'm here or not tbh!

They were both grooming each other's faces at the same time a minute ago 😍😍 Clementine still seems to hop away from him tho I've noticed not sure why!

next time i need bunnies bonding I'm sending them to you

It must be so nice to see all these positive interactions.

What does Evelyn make of it all?

next time i need bunnies bonding I'm sending them to you

It must be so nice to see all these positive interactions.

What does Evelyn make of it all?
Idk rabbits still scare me 😂😂

Yea it's really lovely actually, they're sitting apart atm a lot, do you think that's okay?

She thinks it's all funny, but says no no hop hop when they were fighting a little 😂 Freddie also whined and interrupted one fight 😂 he loves rabbit bonding tho, he was asleep next to me, upside down all night 😂 coz normally he sleeps downstairs alone 😂

As Rabbits age their soft pallet can become floppy which will cause some snoring. As long as her respiratory rate and effort is normal and she’s not sneezing I wouldn’t worry about it unless it gets a lot worse or the other symptoms develop

As Rabbits age their soft pallet can become floppy which will cause some snoring. As long as her respiratory rate and effort is normal and she’s not sneezing I wouldn’t worry about it unless it gets a lot worse or the other symptoms develop
Oh that's interesting! Thanks :)

Well it was! Out of nowhere just now circling and stuff and thumping :( it's coz Willoughby tried to hump her again. I had to intervene, haven't had to since yesterday afternoon! So yea Idk really. Hopefully it'll improve again

Well it was! Out of nowhere just now circling and stuff and thumping :( it's coz Willoughby tried to hump her again. I had to intervene, haven't had to since yesterday afternoon! So yea Idk really. Hopefully it'll improve again

Could the humping be hurting her due to her arthritis ?

Could the humping be hurting her due to her arthritis ?
Potentially, it's more tho the nipping and fur pulling that seems to go along with it. He did the exact same things with Apricot when they bonded, I feel like I'm watching the same bond again tbh, it's so weird. If history repeats itself he'll stop completely and just be loving. I'm hoping so anyway, coz they seem like they really like each other apart from when he does this!

She's got her painkillers anyway tho which have been increased recently

Aw, it'll probably get better again. They've only been together since yesterday, so it only makes sense that they're not completely bonded yet and there's still some humping. Do you feel like Clementine is the boss bunny, since you said yesterday that she was really dominant?

Back