• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Updated 08/01/10 called emergency vets vibes please

Thanks for all your get well wishes. He is stuffing his face with pellets at the moment with his wifey bun flopped out beside him. :D

He's finished the hay I gave him earlier with a little help from his friend and is now tucking into a fresh load :D Lots of big boulder golden poos.

Noticed he'd been a bit quiet today but still eating hay, veg, pellets. I took him downstairs and he was making a throaty coughy noise.:( I called the emergency vet and they say to see how he is in the morning, he might have a respiratory infection because of lowered immune system because of the bloat or the bloat is coming back. I did do some tummy rubs and I am sure he was passing wind, unless it was the dog and he has done a nice big pile of poo but he's still not his usual self. Bunnies are such a worry especially when you are snowed in and can't get to my usual vet practice. :(

Oh no Emma :( I was so pleased he was better :( sending mega vibes.

The snow is awful round here too....one of the farmers gave me a lift home but I wish Id walked, it was absolutely terrifying :shock: really hope it thaws soon so that bunnies and their mummies can be less stressed.

What is his respiratory rate/effort like ?

He was making the noise more when I touched him its really hard to describe a bit like a croaky cough quite fast and then he seemed to calm. It wasn't constant. Would it be worth using my humidifier:?

Last edited:
Back