• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teary eye and dental problems =(

That's really good news for Casper, and hope you are feeling better soon. Sending lots of vibes for your both xxx

Aw, thank you all for caring about Casper and me. I really appreciate it. :love: Casper's face is still dry, so I'm very happy about that. I am really worried about tomorrow, though. I really hope his dental will go okay.

Great news that Casper's eye has stopped weeping. Sending him loads of vibes for his dental tomorrow and I hope all goes well. Make sure you get plenty of rest too.

Thank you so much for the vibes and the caring, everyone. :love: My dad just came to pick them up. I don't feel well enough to go with them to drop them off at the vets, sadly, but I wrote notes for the vets and nurses, so hopefully it'll be okay. I am worried, though... But I'll just try to rest today until they're back home.

Aww hope you manage to rest while Casper is at vets, he'll soon be home, sending you both lots of vibes xx

Thank you all so much for your vibes and being so kind. :love: It's really so very nice of all of you to care about Casper and me. My mum just picked them up and they're back home and Casper's already eating. :love: Everything went well! His bloodwork was all completely fine, too (I guess they didn't have to send it to a lab after all?), which is great news, especially since he's been on Metacam for quite a long time now. The x-rays did show that his tooth roots are getting into the tear duct area, so that's very likely why his eye has been teary. It's the same with the lower molars; those roots are getting further through his jaws, too. So, they said it's important to keep him on his pain medication, and told me again that it can cause problems in the future, which I know, but we'll just focus on the fact that he's doing well right now. I'm just really relieved that today went well for him. My mum found some dandelions for them, so I hope that'll make up a bit for the long day they've had.

:love: ahhh, the update we'd all hoped for. Brilliant news about his bloods but I'm not surprised as he looks great. Great to hear he is already eating:love: What a good boy. I hope Sophie is ok too (I assume she went along for moral support). Focussing on how he is doing now definitely sounds a good approach

:love: ahhh, the update we'd all hoped for. Brilliant news about his bloods but I'm not surprised as he looks great. Great to hear he is already eating:love: What a good boy. I hope Sophie is ok too (I assume she went along for moral support). Focussing on how he is doing now definitely sounds a good approach
Thank you. :love: Yes, Sophie went along for support, and she's okay. She's tired, though. They both are. They're napping on opposite sides of the room. After spending all day together they need some alone time, I think. :lol::love:

So pleased that Casper is ok and is eating already, nice of your mum to get them some dandies. Hope you managed to get a rest Reader xx

Does stress negatively impact on your M.E.? If so now Casper has done so well we can hope for everyone in your little family to be feeling better soon :love:

I'm really pleased at Casper's update :D Well done Casper with your blood test results and also your quick return to eating after your dental. I'm sure that your Mum's Dandelions must have helped him feel much better :love:

Back