• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Star being spayed U/D still very quiet

I am happy to confirm that the absolutely gorgeous Marble is doing really great.... her wound is clean and healthy and to say she's eating well would be an understatement :shock: I've never seen a bun devour dried plantain as fast as her.....think a bowlful in under 15 minutes!

Maizie and Daisy are doing really well too, they're settled, calm and happy, and (when not humping :shock:) they're to be found begging for nose rubs, flat out and snoozing or else happily munching away.

Happy bunnies = happy me!

That all sounds about right!

Marble does gobble down her food, it's still relatively new to her to have a decent diet though.

Yeah the humping is becoming more frequent :roll: we'll tolerate that as long as there's no aggression!!

I cant wait to pick them up!!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

It isn't enough, here's Jane's equation of dosage:

The dose range can be anything from 0.3mg/kg/24hrs up to 0.6mg/kg/12 hours ( in ML this is 0.2ml/kg/24hrs up to 0.9ml/kg/12 hours- 0.1ML of DOG Metacam = 0.15MG

I've never just given metacam daily. From this equation it means you could give Star a lot more since it says up to 0.9ml for one kg every 12 hours is the maximum dose. I would definitely give her more as you aren't going to overdose her. Like I said the dog metacam is the strongest which I'm guessing you have and Doughnut sometimes has 1.5ml over the space of 24 hours but she is 1.2kg.

I would start a thread to ask others on here but I think Star is in pain.

If the Metacam is 0.15mg per ml then your dosage range by volume above should be 0.2ml/kg/24hrs up to 0.4ml/kg/12 hours (0.4 not 0.9).

Back