• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Star being spayed U/D still very quiet

She's just sat in her carrier, not interested in coming out :(!

I've put some fresh forage down for her, and a pile of hay, think she is possibly still a bit drowsy, vet said she was under for a while :( Just going to give her a calm and quiet night :)

Sending vibes for Star's recovery. Don't expect very much tonight!

I'm not expecting too much. I have total faith in my Vet that she was fine to come home, she was eating and pooping there before they would let her home so I'm not too worried, it's just strange seeing her so calm and quiet :lol: I can usually hear her banging about from in the living room :lol:

Glad they are all home, seems to have been a busy day for spays.

I kept my girls indoors for a week. My vets said 7-10 days but my girls wrecked their indoor enclosure after 7!

Hope everybun is back to their old selfs, minus grumping & humping ;) soon x

Glad they are all home, seems to have been a busy day for spays.

I kept my girls indoors for a week. My vets said 7-10 days but my girls wrecked their indoor enclosure after 7!

Hope everybun is back to their old selfs, minus grumping & humping ;) soon x

It has been a busy day for bunny spays :lol:

Luckily mine are indoor bunnies anyway so there shouldn't be any unusual destruction :lol:

I'm looking forward to not having my ankles circled, and humped several times a day :lol:

Iris is in a right state :oops::( she is so miserable :(

I have them in the spare room in a pen, but they are such spooky rabbits (given their start in life) that I think it's just going to make them worse :cry: I really don't think Iris is going to eat whilst inside (plus hard to tell as Sylvie will eat it all) I can see me syringe feeding tonight :(:cry:

How's little star?

Iris is in a right state :oops::( she is so miserable :(

I have them in the spare room in a pen, but they are such spooky rabbits (given their start in life) that I think it's just going to make them worse :cry: I really don't think Iris is going to eat whilst inside (plus hard to tell as Sylvie will eat it all) I can see me syringe feeding tonight :(:cry:

How's little star?

It must be so hard having one who has had the op, and one who hasn't, must make monitoring the recovering one difficult!

Guess your best bet would be to either syringe feed, or hand feed to make sure she gets something into her system. Or is there anyway you can separate them in the pen? so they can still be together, but Iris can have her own food?

Sending lots of vibes her, and your way!

Star, well she's not so little :lol: she's moved from her carrier to the duvet, and is flat out. I'll be going in there for the night after soaps, just so I can keep a proper eye on her, and so she isn't alone. She has eaten a bit of forage, and eaten some of the hay that the vet had in her carrier, so compared to your little one, she's doing very well!

It must be so hard having one who has had the op, and one who hasn't, must make monitoring the recovering one difficult!

Guess your best bet would be to either syringe feed, or hand feed to make sure she gets something into her system. Or is there anyway you can separate them in the pen? so they can still be together, but Iris can have her own food?

Sending lots of vibes her, and your way!

Star, well she's not so little :lol: she's moved from her carrier to the duvet, and is flat out. I'll be going in there for the night after soaps, just so I can keep a proper eye on her, and so she isn't alone. She has eaten a bit of forage, and eaten some of the hay that the vet had in her carrier, so compared to your little one, she's doing very well!

I'm so glad she's doing well :wave:

I've just syringe fed Iris .....I hate doing it I find it distressing :( but actually she was quite good! Poor old Sylvie isn't eating much, their so nervous, I don't think they will eat in here anyway *sighs*
Can't believe I hit to go through it again next week :oops:

I'm so glad she's doing well :wave:

I've just syringe fed Iris .....I hate doing it I find it distressing :( but actually she was quite good! Poor old Sylvie isn't eating much, their so nervous, I don't think they will eat in here anyway *sighs*
Can't believe I hit to go through it again next week :oops:

Oh gosh, very stressful for you if neither of them are eating much! Hopefully next week they won't be as stressed being in that room? Fingers crossed anyway!

Hope you manage to get them both eating enough, keep me updated :)

Star has happily munched some forage, I'm not in the same room as her at the moment, so I keep going in and offering her food by hand to make sure she is eating :lol:

Star hardly came out of her carrier last night. Must have been about 2/3am when I heard her finally have a little wander before settling down on the duvet on the floor. She is still very quiet today, she has been eating, shes had a nibble of hay, forage, and some herbs. Ive been giving her some by hand every hour to make sure, but her pile is definitely getting smaller. There are a few poops scattered around, she does seem to prefer hiding under the bed today though. Usually she comes over when she hears me, but today she is more inclined to hide. As she is eating, im not particularly concerned, just wonder if this behaviour is "normal"? She had her metacam at around 2pm.

Last edited:
My 2 were both a bit subdued for a while, they improved after the 2nd night at home, so hopefully she will be feeling brighter in the morning :thumb: as long as she is eating drinking pooing and weeing ok she will be fine. To check the wound I used to hold a treat so they had to sit up slightly so I could peek underneath :thumb:

Iris is exactly the same :(

I think it's normal, it will take a while for them to come round from it all......:wave:

Nose rubs for star :wave:

My 2 were both a bit subdued for a while, they improved after the 2nd night at home, so hopefully she will be feeling brighter in the morning :thumb: as long as she is eating drinking pooing and weeing ok she will be fine. To check the wound I used to hold a treat so they had to sit up slightly so I could peek underneath :thumb:

She wont come out from under the bed while im in the room lol
Hopefully she'll be perkier tomorrow so I can check her over

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Some take longer than others to recover, but it is good that she is eating and poo-ing. Sending more vibes for Star. x

Thanks all.

I have just spent half an hour lying on the floor in the bedroom trying to entice her out, she was having none of it. She is definitely eating though, I just want to check her over, but I guess we'll leave that.

Hope she stops hiding by Monday, otherwise she won't be going for her post op check :roll:

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Good luck everyone and to the buns. I remember getting Doughnut spayed, so worrying.

How often are you giving Star the metacam? Doughnut is only a little bun so I think she recovered quicker.

Good luck everyone and to the buns. I remember getting Doughnut spayed, so worrying.

How often are you giving Star the metacam? Doughnut is only a little bun so I think she recovered quicker.

The vet said to give 0.8ml once a day. Not sure if I should give it all at once or spread it over a few doses?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Back