• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some vibes please...Sweetpea..She's gone :(

My vet called earlier, he manged to get the gas out, she nearly died during the process, there was a lot if pressure in her heart so it nearly stopped, but recovered and is quite bright, her stomach started to fill again so they tubed her again but it wasn't so bad, he suspects a blockage but doesn't want to operate so wants to wait and see, he has shown the vet on duty what to do and will pop in tomorrow, even though he is off...so basically she's comfortable and bright at the moment, but the cause hasn't gone away..William assures me the vet in duty is competent and sweetpea isn't in any pain at the moment, will call in the morning to see how things are.

Oh goodness what a nightmare :cry:

Millions more vibes being sent. I'll check back on here first thing in the morning xx

I hope Sweetpea had had an uneventful night and that there is some good news this morning, Lou.

Spoke to the vet, they are emptying her stomach every 6 hours and keeping her well hydrated and on lots of pain relief in the hope her stomach start to empty itself.. So basically she is 'comfortable' and we just have to wait and see. They will do some scans tomorrow if no improvement.

Back