• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie and Bentley (very poorly) - the one-eyed conti babies from Kirkby Pet Welfare

This is such sad news given the hope everyone had for a bright future.
RIP little Rosie.
Lots of love and positive vibes for little Bentley. :love:

Bentley is doing well. :D

He is drinking on his own, so the IV fluids have been removed for the time being. He's also been eating some cabbage this morning.

He is pooing, not as much as the vet would like, but at least it is starting to come through.

We'll be speaking to the vet again this afternoon to discuss the best way to proceed with regard to him coming home or staying in hospital.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. :wave:

Just another little update.....

Bentley is continuing to do well. He's eating his greens etc and has started to show an interest in his pellets. He's continuing to poo, still not a lot but he's going a little and often. It is still runny but it's good that it is now moving through. He is still bloated, but it will take time for the gas to disperse.

He is staying in hospital tonight, but may come home tomorrow afternoon, it all depends on how much progress he makes. The vets are very pleased with him. He is still a poorly bunny and has a long way to go yet, but we are moving in the right direction.

Right through this he has always been bright and quite active, but he is now becoming a real handful when they are giving him his meds. :love:

I love this baby bunny so much. :love:

I am so sorry you lost Rosie :cry: Binky free little one.
Sending loads of vibes for little Bentley :love::love::love:

I've just spoken to the vet. Bentley is very bright this morning. His stomach is slightly less bloated and tense.

I have to phone again at 1pm to find out if he will be coming home this afternoon.

I've spoken to my vet and we've agreed that Bentley will stay in hospital one more night. He is doing so well that I'm scared of bringing him home too soon and upsetting his progress.

The bloating has reduced even further. He's passed quite a large amount of yukky poo, but my vet isn't worried and said that it's not unexpected given how poorly he has been. He's eating quite well now.

They said he's now bouncing around and being quite naughty, especially at medicine time. He is going to be such a rascal when he's fully fit, Kay is going to need an extra pair of hands and eyes in the back of her head with this one. :love:

Back