• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roisin - U/D 18th October

How is she now, Jane?

Thanks for asking Babsie. Roisin is coping OK at the moment thank you. She still has a few odd neurological issues but these do not appear to cause her any distress. In many ways she has become a bit like Lord H with his 'absences' . I am relieved that she is doing relatively well now as to start with I doubted she could recover much at all. Having had Geoffrey who sustained severe brain damage after a bad reaction to a GA, becoming blind and paraplegic , and knowing that we had to let him go I feared the same may happen with Roisin.

I have not been on the forum for a while so have only just seen this.

Sending vibes for the beautiful Roisin.

I have not been on the forum for a while so have only just seen this.

Sending vibes for the beautiful Roisin.

Thank you. I have not continued to post updates as I did not want to appear to be making a huge fuss (as I usually do :oops:).

Roisin continues to make slow progress and she has a rehabilitation plan in place to maximise her potential neurologically.

Continuing to think of her and pleased that there still remains some progress. I'm sure she is feeling both comfortable and secure, which is really all any of us can expect in life.

I'm glad she is still making progress :thumb: I'd like to see updates when you have them :) I'm sure she will do well :thumb:

So pleased that she is continuing to make progress. She's so lucky to have a wonderful owner like you. I'm sure that if this had happened to the general public owner, bunny would have been PTS rather than given every opportunity to recover x

Thank you. I have not continued to post updates as I did not want to appear to be making a huge fuss (as I usually do :oops:).

Roisin continues to make slow progress and she has a rehabilitation plan in place to maximise her potential neurologically.

Please do continue to post updates! I know I've been worried about her and checking in whenever I can to see how she's been doing and I'm sure others have to. We do care :) You're not making a fuss at all.
It's wonderful to hear that she's doing better. It sounds like she's doing far better than expected. Goes to show that you shouldn't just give up on them, for such fragile and delicate creatures they can be tough little fighters.
Glingle is right, many people would have given up on her. A friend recently told me that he had two friends with a rabbit who had an eye infection. They just left it untreated and when they did eventually take him to a vet the vet said it was now untreatable but would have been if they'd taken him before. They didn't want to spend the money on him and a result he ended up in pain and eventually losing his life. And that was over something completely treatable.
The way some people disregard rabbits is really upsetting. You're a wonderful person that you've given Roisin the chance to fight and supported her along the way. I'm so glad to hear that she's doing so well considering.
I really hope she continues to pick up and that she is still able to have a happy, wonderful life. I'm sure that she will with you to look out for her :D

Back