• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrier recommendations for 2 rabbits >2kg each

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
Hi all,
I'm struggling to find a good carrier that is suitable for 2 rabbits who are both over 2kg each. I had to take them in for their vaccination last week and they were sitting on each others heads it was such a squeeze :oops: my old large one is missing several catches now. I had one that was better size wise but just felt like it was going to fall apart with their surprising combined weight-! It's far too flimsy to trust that one.
Any recommendations? It seems to be difficult to find proper plastic carriers these days, so many are fabric. Though I've seen other rabbit owners at the vets with them I can't help but think ours would make short work of them - especially as there's often a wait!

Oh I haven't seen that one - is is strong and sturdy? I love the opening top, seems much better than unclipping the whole lid!
Thanks Omi :)

Oh I haven't seen that one - is is strong and sturdy? I love the opening top, seems much better than unclipping the whole lid!
Thanks Omi :)
I've never had any concerns about it not being strong enough. It certainly feels very secure. And yes, the top opening is ideal I find. I can even remove one rabbit while preventing the other rabbit from escaping with the lid :LOL: It takes a little practice but it works. My bunnies haven't ever managed to do any damage to it either, but they are a bit subdued when travelling to the vets.

Yeah I use the same for my buns (both between 2 + 2.5k). They do feel strong & sturdy ...& markedly heavier than other carriers I've used
These days I have to have Boo on my lap for the windy road journey to the vet or she falls over, or stabilises herself by sitting on top of Eddy

I had one of those when I had buns, very sturdy, and roomy. I would never have trusted it with my cat though, he's 5 1/2 kg, I use a small dog crate for him.

Back