• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re an urgent appeal.Rehoming update!

Hello :wave: Hoppetylop is getting Morris, Thumper and Bruce to a lovely rescue centre today and Smudge is coming back with me :love: I believe the piggies are going home with another RU member today too :D

Hello Louise:wave:Hope you had a good journey for the rest of the way.It was lovely to meet you and thankyou so much for bringing everyone down xx

As Louise said,she brought Morris,Thumper,Smudge and Bruce down to a services on the M40 on her way home from picking up the rabbits from Manchester and I met her there She is homing Smudge herself and Thumper and Bruce are at the rescue.Morris is with me as someone is interested in adopting him shortly so to give his rescue space to another bunny,Im fostering him until his adoption.He will be neutered and have his injection in the meantime.Hes doing fine in an old hutch of mine and I will give him the option to run around the garden during the day tomorrow.Hes really lovely,not shy and chinning everything!
Thankyou everyone who offered to help with the transporting.Louise was so flexible we were able to do it between us.

Hope youre ok this evening Victoria.All the bunnies are fine after their long journey and settled.Hope Smudge is settling in, in her new home with her lovely new bunny mummy.:)

Aw, that's fantastic news about Morris, he's gorgeous isn't he. Bruce is such a chilled out dude and Thumper was beautiful and so friendly, putting her head down and settling in for some between the ears strokes :)
Was lovely to meet you too and Victoria as well! Hope you're ok this evening Victoria and not too tearful, bless your heart.
Thank you for highlighting this situation and organising everything too Hoppetylop x
Smudge is lovely and she's settling in and eating some Veges, pellets and hay so she's hopefully not too stressed out from her journey. Next stop vacs and book in for the op in a few weeks :love:
Would love to hear how all the animals are doing.
Xx

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't replied in a while was just getting things sorted out for the big day :D I had a good cry when I said goodbye to them individually in the morning and then it made it a much more positive experience when they left as Helen (guinea pigs) and Louise were both lovely and very organised.

I am so happy they all have new places to go / be /have and just really cannot thank everyone enough for the help you have given and support.

I am sure helen will update on here like Louise so pictures would be fun but no rush!

I will get back in touch with the lady who would like to give a forever home to Morris and let you know how I get on hoppetylop x

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't replied in a while was just getting things sorted out for the big day :D I had a good cry when I said goodbye to them individually in the morning and then it made it a much more positive experience when they left as Helen (guinea pigs) and Louise were both lovely and very organised.

I am so happy they all have new places to go / be /have and just really cannot thank everyone enough for the help you have given and support.

I am sure helen will update on here like Louise so pictures would be fun but no rush!

I will get back in touch with the lady who would like to give a forever home to Morris and let you know how I get on hoppetylop x

Hiya:wave:

Just to let you know, the boys are fine. They travelled well and have been tucking into some celery. I put them in the run on the grass when I got home because it was such a lovely day, so they had tummies full of grass by tea time :love: they are lovely boys, and obviously have been very well cared for.

I hope you are ok, Victoria, thankyou for the card and pressie. You didn't have to, I was pleased to be able to help

Slight problem.Im getting very attached to Morris.Hmmm

I'm sure, he's such a lovely chap isn't he :)

Well Smudge has recovered well and truly from the journey and is taking being a house bunny in her stride. She's not shy and is very happy to thump to tell me that my 10 second break from administering head strokes is up and it's time to get back to it. She's adorable and closes her eyes within a second of having them. She hasn't shown any aggression at all and sniffs noses with the cats through utility mesh door we made and gives a clear thump if she wants them out of the room :)
They are very happy with being allowed to sleep upstairs on beds too!
She's investigating all of the downstairs too now which is lovely, I love hearing her approaching the lounge to say hello. :love:

Hiya:wave:

Just to let you know, the boys are fine. They travelled well and have been tucking into some celery. I put them in the run on the grass when I got home because it was such a lovely day, so they had tummies full of grass by tea time :love: they are lovely boys, and obviously have been very well cared for.

That's great news Helen, so nice to hear :wave:

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the present too Victoria that's so nice of you. Smudge is such a friendly, happy girl, she's obviously been very well cared for since you rescued her. :love: xx

These updates are lovely to read:love:

Morris is doing fine too.Hes eating well and although abit shy he getting to know me and seems relaxed and happy.A home has been found for him and he will be bonded with Thumper hopefully pending neutering etc and rehomed with her.:love::love:

These updates are lovely to read:love:

Morris is doing fine too.Hes eating well and although abit shy he getting to know me and seems relaxed and happy.A home has been found for him and he will be bonded with Thumper hopefully pending neutering etc and rehomed with her.:love::love:

How lovely :love:

That is wonderful news! Lucky Morris and Thumper. She's beautiful her face is like a foal (if that's not a weird thing to say;) :love:

These updates are lovely :love:

Really glad that everything has turned out so well for these bunnies and piggies. :D

Back