• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re an urgent appeal.Rehoming update!

I'm so so sorry that you find yourself in this absolutely terrible situation that you never expected to be in. If there is one of your rabbits that you are finding especially hard to have to let go, then I am happy to in effect foster that bunny for you, and neuter, vaccinate, and then when ypur luck changes which it will do, then you can look forward to having your bunny back.

Maybe you won't feel quite so sad then, if you can still actually keep one, but you need time to sort out things in your life.

You may well find that when you have been in your new place a few months, and have proved yourself a good tenant, that they may well agree to you having a rabbit then. This is what happened to myself in the past, and actually when I approached the letting agent, they did clarify that the 'no pets' clause in general applies to cats and dogs, and the biggest concern is usually dogs left barking everyday, but my then landlord was perfectly ok with my then rabbit.

Have you actually asked about keeping a rabbit, or are you reading a 'no pets' clause as absolutely no pets, because that may well not be the case, especially if you will be working from home, and can guarantee that the rabbit will never be left loose whilst unattended.

It sounds like your buns have already suffered terribly, and I will definately help you out with one of them, and as I said if there is one you would love to have back one day, then I am happy to have that one for you. I would be very surprised if you couldn't have one at your new place in a few months, especially with you working from home.

What a lovely offer! :love:

So that's the guinea pigs and a bunny with potential homes already and RR999s very kind offer.:thumb:

The rescue spaces in Oxfordshire remain open to these bunnies.If we have any remaining ones when Victorias move is imminent can we arrange a rabbit relay then to get them to Oxfordshire?That way there is a backup plan.Im still happy to do some of the transporting.Hope that's ok with everyone.

So that's the guinea pigs and a bunny with potential homes already and RR999s very kind offer.:thumb:

The rescue spaces in Oxfordshire remain open to these bunnies.If we have any remaining ones when Victorias move is imminent can we arrange a rabbit relay then to get them to Oxfordshire?That way there is a backup plan.Im still happy to do some of the transporting.Hope that's ok with everyone.

This is fine with me. Just give me a shout if I'm needed for the back up plan.

So glad that this is getting sorted. :D

Rabbit rehome is taking too long for me to upload photos so i have thrown this web page together for photos of sweetie (indoor bunny) and the 3 male guineas. None are neutered or vaccinated. (sorry x)

http://bit.ly/1AvysWj

This is a great idea Victoria!Please can I just say one thing-as Sweetie isn't neutered please be careful where she is homed so she doesn't end up with a breeder or someone who will be irresponsible and house her with an intact male.We try to keep the bunny numbers down where possible!!Hope you don't mind me saying:oops:

You guys are all like the A-Team when there are appeals like this :love: for some very special people, really brings happy tears to my eyes :)

You and me both Clare-Uk...Hoppertylop I sent RogerRabbit999 a pm asking if he would take her upon second thoughts about Bruce..shes been inside more and there is that about being female. The website thing was just so people could see the guinea pigs really and her as i was missing pics :D not to advertise it anywhere. Regarding the rabbit relay mission we are looking at 3 bunnies in theory now (so much less extreme thank goodness) which are Morris, Bruce and Thumper. I have someone who has offered to help who lives in Swindon but was until recently working in Oxford so knows round there a little. I can ask people to help with this if you let me know where to and from they need to be to help you if that even makes sense? thankyou Ateam lol

That's a very good idea regarding Sweetie,Victoria.RogerRabbit999(whos actually a lady!)would,I know,really look after Sweetie.

Would the person in Swindon be looking to rehome or help with transport?:)

Last edited:
I did actually bump into the lady who runs the rescue in the vet this afternoon.She is ready to help if/when necessary.She will be pleased to know that some of the bunnies and all the piggies have found potential homes.
The appeal still stands of course and if there are more potential homes out there via RU that would be brilliant.:thumb:

You guys are all like the A-Team when there are appeals like this :love: for some very special people, really brings happy tears to my eyes :)

I agree with this; it's amazing to see people pull together to help and stranger and her bunnies / piggies. Honestly it restores my faith in human kind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are definitely taking Smudge :p Thank you for agreeing to us Victoria :love: With her "she thinks she is a cat" I thought she would not be phased by our two female cats (they are very gentle but not on the poor mice :shock: ..

Last edited:
I am collecting the piggies next Saturday so I might see you there :wave: I am going to get them all neutered asap and then they can live with my two girls. :love:

I am soooo pleased that the buns are sorted too. Its so sad when a good owner finds themselves in such a terrible situation, but its lovely how you have all pulled together to make sure the rabbits are safe.

You're all fab :love:

Hi everyone.

Trust me to put my foot in it and think Rogerrabbit999 is a man LOL! oops I apologise..i guess the image of roger rabbit popped into my head :D

The swindon person is happy to help transport as can't rehome sadly. I know this weekend is out as he is working but the weekend after 7th & 8th he might be here in Manchester going back on Sunday evening if that is of any use. Maybe setting that weekend as the oxfordshire relay is a good idea and if I rehome any of the 4 remaining between now and then, ultimately it lightens the load. Still happy to help with neutering as I mentioned to you Hoppertylop even if it ends up as being one bunny that is going. :D

I am so excited for them all...I am taking myself out of the situation and not feeling sad as there is no good that can come of that. It really is so kind of you all for helping me. Madeline is being collected between 4 and 5pm today so going to make sure she is settled before she goes and has a last run in the garden :D

I would love to see some photos of Herod lol he sounds great!

Latest updates:

Madeline
..Definitely rehomed but hutch didn't fit into car so husband is coming tomorrow with his work van. Met the mother and the 16 year old daughter and her little sister. Spent about half an hour asking lots of positive questions and Madeline bonded with them brilliantly which made me so happy. The mum has had a rabbit in the past so has some basic knowledge but gave them a list of useful info and a couple of books on rabbits and included a link to the forum here, explaining that people like to hear the success stories etc. Really happy that both Madeline and a seemingly wonderful family who have a nice big garden are a great fit. I think Madeline just secretly wanted one more night here lol! It was lovely that they brought a carrier with them as showed they were thinking in the right way. They live round the corner from my parents so i was going to loan them my own carrier to drop off at my parents but was nice that it was not needed :D

Bruce ..Madelines new owners have a friend who is looking for a bunny and I think they wanted to see what I was like and the condition of the other rabbits before mentioning me to him ( which I think is really responsible and well considered..more brownie points to them ) and she asked if they could pass my number onto him which I said yes to and after showing her Bruce as he was out in his run, I suggested that would make a great fit based on what she was telling me. So although not confirmed I think there might be a home for him too! I asked if she would encourage the person to get intouch by the end of this weekend coming as I mentioned he may end up in Oxfordshire otherwise so hopefully that will be tomorrow when i hear from them.

Smudge as mentioned in previous posts has a new home and is being picked up on Sat 7th (Woo!)

Guinea pigs Pringle, Dunca, Merci as also mentioned being picked up on Sat 7th (Woo!)

Sweetie is hopefully going to RogerRabbit999 (whom I now realise is a woman and I am so sorry for that lol) But awaiting a response on pm message on here. I can't see it being an issue given the kind message..just assume work or other things are keeping her busy x

Morris & Thumper are the remaining buns that are looking likely to go to Oxfordshire weekend of the 7th & 8th March if that is an OK date, I am very flexible on this and appreciate the offers.

Back