• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven update post 75 Dental 7-18-22

Glad to hear things are better. Fingers crossed the dental waits a bit.

I cancelled Rodney's last dental and its been 9 months now and so far nothing needed as his spurs aren't causing injuries. So hopefully Raven can do similar!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Glad to hear things are better. Fingers crossed the dental waits a bit.

I cancelled Rodney's last dental and its been 9 months now and so far nothing needed as his spurs aren't causing injuries. So hopefully Raven can do similar!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reassurance. Glad Rodney is doing well.
Raven will likely need dental in the near future, yet he is happy which makes me happy, plus he can gain some extra weight and strength until then.

I cancelled Raven's dental in Mid April because he began to eat well, until yesterday. He wants to eat, and came for a treat, yet only crunches part of it before stopping.
He is already on moderate dose of medicam daily, and he got fresh greens, including carrot greens, which he is eating at a slow pace.
I will give critical care to supplement as neefed.
His poo is getting smaller/hardet so I hope he will not need ato wait too long to get a dental.

Thank you friends
Vet was out today, yet staff will message him to see when Raven can be seen because he is fully booked. I hope he will agree to do it on his lunch like he would have in April had Raven not started to do well.

He is eating less and very slowly, so I just gave critical care syringe feed to keep his gut moving. Raven took it very quickly so I know he wants to eat. I also put him on the higher medicam does vet approved in the past rather than giving just his daily quantity.
I am monitoring drinking, pee and poo and keeping my fingers crossed he can stay stable until his dental

Sending lots of vibes for Raven. I hope that you can keep him ticking over until the vet can see him, hopefully soon.

Thank you friends. I hope the vet calls tomorrow with a date and time for Raven's dental. Hopefully he will have a cancellation or will somehow fit Raven into his schedule.
Raven and I appreciate the vibes.

lots of vibes for Raven, that the vet calls soon & he gets an appointment quickly. Its nice to hear he is compliant with feeds, good boy

Vet called and Raven is scheduled for dental on Wednesday during vets lunch.

J &B. He is a good boy with syringe feeds which will help now because he is barely eating his favorite greens and just nibbles a small amount of food/hay on his own.
He went from eating well to barely eating in only three days, yet otherwise looks well.
He was drinking less, and poo was getting firmer, so early this morning I added sub q fluids and a dose of cisapride to keep his guts moving.

Vet called and Raven is scheduled for dental on Wednesday during vets lunch.

J &B. He is a good boy with syringe feeds which will help now because he is barely eating his favorite greens and just nibbles a small amount of food/hay on his own.
He went from eating well to barely eating in only three days, yet otherwise looks well.
He was drinking less, and poo was getting firmer, so early this morning I added sub q fluids and a dose of cisapride to keep his guts moving.

That's very good news about your lovely vet giving up his lunchbreak to do Raven's dental. Sending vibes that with your support his guts will keep going well until then.

My vet and his staff are wonderful to me/my bunnies, and vet is very skilled.
I am glad he got this appointment,though ga is always a worry with Raven. He is very loved.

Raven had his dental today. He had one bad needle like point and a few lesser ones. He had a tiny spot that was a bit sore. He was eating a few greens at vets. His gut sounds were very slow, even after last nights cisapride. He made a few poos shortly after he got a dose of metacloprimide when he got home. He will stay on motility meds, and fluids until he has good input/output; along with his medicam. He was active when I picked him up.

Back