• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven dental was 8/29-update

Thank you everyone. He is nibbling a couple greens and a few strands of hay, yet not much else. He just got Metacam and will get syringe fed later. He made several smaller poos, so he may benefit from motility meds and perhaps even sub q fluids also.

Vet says his teeth had long needle like points on all right upper molars than left and right gave him cheek as some ulcers again. His left side points were half the size.
I hope he'll feel comfortable enough to eat more soon. How awful that he already had those long points on his molars and some ulcers on his cheek when he gets dentals so regularly. :( Sending Raven more vibes.

I'm sorry that Raven's molar spurs had started to grow already. Hopefully he will feel more comofrtable now and start to eat more soon. It sounds like it would be worth trying the Emeraid :)

It’s amazing how quickly his molar spurs grow isn’t it. Poor boy x

Yes, they grow very fast. It is odd that the one side grows twice as fast as the left. They are so thin Vet and I suspected he sometimes broke them himself which is why some of his dentals were months apart.
When I give metacam he chews the syringe so I wonder why some of the points do not break.
It is 3:30 am and he is looking brighter and eating something. I find the sound of an eating bunny so relaxing.

I'm sorry that Raven's molar spurs had started to grow already. Hopefully he will feel more comofrtable now and start to eat more soon. It sounds like it would be worth trying the Emeraid :)

Thank you. Ordered Emeraid sustain.

Last edited:
I appreciate the
information. I tried looking at Emeraid recently, yet only see Sustain, not intensive available here, so I am glad you found it useful and will order some today.
Also, may try pea flakes to sprinkle on his food. Is there any brand you recommend?

I use Bunny Bistro and buy from Amazon on here: Bunny Bistro Flaked Peas, Dried Pea Flakes for Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, Small Animal Treat (1kg) https://amzn.eu/d/3XXvPQe :)

Yesterday I stopped to buy oat hay, yet not in stock. I noticed Selective Natural treats called Country loops and Berry loops. Raven was eating pieces of their Garden Treat sticks when his mouth is not sore, so I thought it was worth a try.
I put three in his food bowl last evening and he ate them. Today I held one and he was chewing it from my hand, and later he got another one. While I do not want to upset his tummy and will monitor, I hope the treats can help his appetite and help me to maintain his weight.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with one of your buns too. That's awesome you've found some treats he likes! I hope he gets better and better [emoji3590]

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with one of your buns too. That's awesome you've found some treats he likes! I hope he gets better and better [emoji3590]

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
Thank you.
Raven has chronic dental issues which have advanced to his requiring monthly dentals.
He is losing weight, so I need to get more calories into him without upsetting his digestion.
Also, he had gi stasis in the past, so I keep a close eye on his eating and output. If he refuses a treat I will know something is not right with him and get him vet care.

I'm so glad he's improving. What a good idea too, to try the Selective Natural treats. They must be tasty :)

Back