• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pipkin has died under anaesthetic

so sorry. you did the right thing though, getting the spurs sorted asap. we have to with bisc aswell. such a sad shock. :(

I'm so sorry Lucy. :cry:

Thinking of you and Ruby. I hope she will be OK. xx

Goodnight Pipkin, sweet dreams little one. xx

Thanks everyone. Everyone is saying not to blame myself and I know it's probably stupid but I keep thinking if I'd booked the dental for tomorrow or another day instead he might not have had the same reaction. Is that likely or would the same thing probably have happened?

I've had a sit in the garden with Ruby and she's had a few treats. She seems ok but a bit restless. They showed her Pipkin's body at the vets so hopefully she understands he won't be coming back. She loved him so much :love::cry:

I am so, so sorry. Please don't beat yourself up. I lost a bun under a GA whilst having a dental too, and I can tell you that blaming yourself does nothing to help matters. :( He needed his teeth sorted sooner rather than later, and by doing it sooner, you gave him the best chance possible.

*Massive hugs*

Give Ruby plenty of nose rubs (if she lets you). x

I'm so sorry for your loss I would be devestated losing a bun under GA but it could've happened anytime you weren't to know.

Binky free Pipkin and hugs to you and Ruby. Xx

How sad. Naturally you will wonder 'what if...'

I am so sorry for your loss. My mini lop has got spurs (small ones) and I have been putting it off but it just has to be done.

Hope you find a loving friend for Ruby when the time is right.

Oh God, I'm so sorry. What a terrible thing to happen. :cry: You know at least that he didn't have to struggle with a horrible illness, and he wouldn't have known anything about it. Sending massive hugs for you and Ruby.

Such sad news. So very sorry you lost Pipkin... Please, please don't blame yourself - you only did right by him.xx

Sending hugs and vibes for you and Ruby.xx

Back