• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Penelope is dead

Thanks xx

Yea she's doing better, but she's lonely for sure. Hopefully her new friend will be neutered soon and they'll be able to meet :)
You are getting a friend for Apricot? How sweet. I will be reading your posts on bonding then. I hope it works out well for you all [emoji4] xx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

OK I'm going to come clean: we're 'reserving' Buttons for Apricot :D I'm currently in Essex so he is a little later being neutered and I have to make two trips to Essex (coming back post-neuter recovery) because it's easier for us to get him neutered and stuff as we have space right now :) He's such a chilled but active little lad, it seemed like fate :D Also Matt says we can't keep him because 1.) we've hit our black&white rabbit quota and 2.) he can't reach as high as our rabbits so would miss out on carrot strips, bramble etc. :lol:

Great news :love: Another RU arranged marriage :lol:

OK I'm going to come clean: we're 'reserving' Buttons for Apricot :D I'm currently in Essex so he is a little later being neutered and I have to make two trips to Essex (coming back post-neuter recovery) because it's easier for us to get him neutered and stuff as we have space right now :) He's such a chilled but active little lad, it seemed like fate :D Also Matt says we can't keep him because 1.) we've hit our black&white rabbit quota and 2.) he can't reach as high as our rabbits so would miss out on carrot strips, bramble etc. [emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38]

Apricot says that's fine, if the hoomans put anything out of reach she'll totaaaallllyyy reach up and get it bring it down for him.. Honest ;)

It's gunna be weird having a small bun! [emoji38]

That is a really selfless thing to do Gracie considering you’ve got your hands full with Evelyn and Atticus. I’m waiting for someone to say they are looking for a pair of unbonded bunnies who fight, one who is old and has many elements so I can be like Hello there :lol:

That is a really selfless thing to do Gracie considering you’ve got your hands full with Evelyn and Atticus. I’m waiting for someone to say they are looking for a pair of unbonded bunnies who fight, one who is old and has many elements so I can be like Hello there [emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Might be waiting a bit for that request [emoji38][emoji38]

My main concern is bonding, I cannot do it myself, I just can't with Evelyn, no way I can commit to watching them, seems dangerous with a stumbly baby and having to intervene etc. Also I bet I'd be bad at it! [emoji38] I've messaged the lady who bonded Atticus and Clementine, but no response yet [emoji51][emoji51]

I have just seen Buttons, he’s so cute!

I know the bonder you’re talking about, and can understand why you don’t want to do the bond. Is there anyone else you can use, if the bonder isn’t available?

I have just seen Buttons, he’s so cute!

I know the bonder you’re talking about, and can understand why you don’t want to do the bond. Is there anyone else you can use, if the bonder isn’t available?

Ah yes you do don't you! [emoji38][emoji38] I'm not sure tbh, finding a good bonder is hard. I really trust the lady I normally use though, I think she knows a lot about rabbits tbh. Anyone I leave Atticus and Clementine with has to know their stuff [emoji38]

Yea he is sweet looking!

If it comes to it, I can do it but it'll be in a dog crate/pen combo...! I'm alright at it, but all my bonds have been the simplest things ever, and girl to established boy which is the easy way round usually :roll:

Thank you for your kind words. I suspect that you share my willingness to accept responsibility for many more things more than you should. It can be a heavy burden.
Apricot and all bunnies/humans in your life are lucky to have you. How big is the small bunny you are considering?

Thank you for your kind words. I suspect that you share my willingness to accept responsibility for many more things more than you should. It can be a heavy burden.
Apricot and all bunnies/humans in your life are lucky to have you. How big is the small bunny you are considering?

That's probably very true.

I can't remember what keletkezes said he weighed, but he's a nethie cross I think? If you look at her posts you'll see him, he's called Buttons :) she took him and his brother in from a free ads site.

If it comes to it, I can do it but it'll be in a dog crate/pen combo...! I'm alright at it, but all my bonds have been the simplest things ever, and girl to established boy which is the easy way round usually :roll:
We'll see [emoji38] I'll message her again [emoji38] I don't wanna put you to more trouble x

I would bond them too! But I have one post bond to my name :love:

You’d prob be in much better hands elsewhere! :D

I would bond them too! But I have one post bond to my name :love:

You’d prob be in much better hands elsewhere! :D
I wouldn't offer that you might end up doing it [emoji38][emoji38]

Honestly Apricot is so sweet and friendly I'm hoping she won't be that bad? Buttons will hopefully be more chill after his neuter too... Hopefully it won't be a bad bond...? [emoji51] Here's hoping anyway [emoji38][emoji38]

man I'm really sorry Graciee, I'm late but this is such a shock ��

if I still lived near London I'd offer to help out, I've bonded what.. three different groups, two including Orion, so I'm pretty much a guru at this considering Orion's a total nightmare �� /j

man I'm really sorry Graciee, I'm late but this is such a shock ������

if I still lived near London I'd offer to help out, I've bonded what.. three different groups, two including Orion, so I'm pretty much a guru at this considering Orion's a total nightmare ������ /j

Thanks x

Yea damn you for moving! [emoji38][emoji38]

Back