• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh God, Please No-U/D 26th October-Still OK

Big hugs. Dont panic until you know what it is for definate. If it helps this is Chloes nose now and it looked worse than Bobbies when it first happened (no pics of that sorry)
freerange034.jpg

Thank you, there really is a chance that it is the result of an injury. It is not a small abscess though, it is solid and pink. No pus. Perhaps I missed it when I checked her over after the scrabble 3-4 days ago :?

I guess all I can do now is wait and see what the morning brings........................

So sorry you are going through this very anxious time. Serious vibes in hoping that it's nothing serious and Bobbie comes through this okay :)

sending vibes to you Jane

I dont know if it helps, but it looks very different to the one Daisy and Topsy had on their noses in the nodular form - that was all they had but it was a very hard nodule that didnt raise much from the skin if that makes sense and didnt look "boil" like in your pic.

The ones that poor Crunchie has are also very different to that on his nos e- again they are hard and are under the skin and has raised the skin and fur - not boil like....however he has a similar one on his ear. There is a chance it may just be a one off nodule like my two had if it is Myxo tho isnt it?

Sending vibes that in the morning there are no other symptoms xxx

Jane, nodular myxi is a long haul, but if bun is unvacs then it's not as bad as it could be. I had success treating a bun that had NEVER been vacs & my vet suggested previously that a bun who had been routinely vacs may have some immunity anyway
Sending vibes

having (sadly) had three buns with myxi - each rather different from each other - PLUS several buns that have inflicted nose bite injuries on each other, I would say this looks far more like an injury that myxi. Myxi swelling when they first come up tend to look like a boil . . swollen and pink and sort of like they are swelling from underneath and cussng the skin to stretch.

You really are having a worrying time with your bunsters at the moment. It seems to be one anxiety after another - I was going to say I don't know how you cope, but I guess you cope because they're your family and you have to get on and get through it.

I had five unvaccinated buns all survive myxi - it is possible. The mark on Bobbie's nose looks different to the nodules my buns had, but even if it is myxi, all is not lost. My buns all wanted to fight - so we did. You have a fantastic vet and you are a brilliant nurse. If anyone can get Bobbie through myxi you can, but I am sending lots and lots of non myxi vibes.

Back