• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

(Myxi) *PIC ADDED/may find upsetting*Please, if there are any spare vibes going...

Sending loads of vibes for Harry. I would have thought it obvious that metacam would be a help to him. Don't know why some vets have a problem prescribing it.

Sending vibes for Harry, poor little guy. I really hope he gets better soon xxx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys... I wondered if it was just me being an over anxious bunny slave... I don't want to give meds unnecessarily... But it just seems obvious to me that he needs something. Why is everything such a fight?!

Vegan_Bunny, thank you for this point, I often get flustered when trying to explain stuff so maybe if I write it down, I'll get the point across. Thanks for mentioning, my argument will be stronger. :thumb:

Thank you guys... I wondered if it was just me being an over anxious bunny slave... I don't want to give meds unnecessarily... But it just seems obvious to me that he needs something. Why is everything such a fight?!

Vegan_Bunny, thank you for this point, I often get flustered when trying to explain stuff so maybe if I write it down, I'll get the point across. Thanks for mentioning, my argument will be stronger. :thumb:

I know. I used to do the same with my old vets (they were clueless) and I always forgot what I wanted to say/ask/suggest. Definitely write it down. It doesn't matter if the vet thinks your crazy, I used to always walk in with a list of meds and questions in a note book. :lol:

Oh I'm so sorry your feeling worn out :(

You seriously need some you time but I know that's impossible as a mummy and pet owner :roll:

I'm with the others.....I think he should have metacam, it's and anti inflammatory so would be good for those nodules :thumb:

He seems to be doing well though.....keep going Harry :love:

Update

A huge thank you to the continuing (((vibes))) from everyone. :love:

I've been at my wits end RE.metacam... :? And I've been self doubting. :oops: the swelling around his mouth isn't as shocking as before, but the poor mite still can't close his ickle mouf. :( it looks so odd. And the lump on his nose is still prominent. The scab under his eye has fallen off and he's continuing to eat well.
Hubby took Reggie in for his booster vacs tonight (he can handle the crate and I can't :oops:) and I asked him to try again for the metacam. I told him what to say and to point out Harry's mouth is still lumpy/swollen, and the metacam might assist the swelling.

Well, hubby has returned with metacam!!!

:shock:
*faints*

Apparently the vet hubby saw, didn't seem convinced that we are even dealing with Myxi as it's so rare in vaccinated bunnies. :shock::roll: So, my head is all over the place but the fact I have some pain relief is at least one small victory.

I had to share what a very, very kind and thoughtful RU'er sent for Harry and me.

I admit, I nearly cried when I opened the package. :oops:
Thank you very, very kind RU buddy, me and Harry really appreciate. :wave::love::love::love: xxx

Harry has another appointment on Monday... Where they will decide whether or not to give his booster vacs. It worries me a little... What if Harry reacts badly to it seeing as though he's fighting one lot of it off? :?

Yaaaaay! You got the meds!! Phew :thumb: that's will help, and it makes you feel like your doing something to help, it's so hard to watch them go through this :oops:

What lovely little gifts :lol:;););)

Yaaaaay! You got the meds!! Phew :thumb: that's will help, and it makes you feel like your doing something to help, it's so hard to watch them go through this :oops:

What lovely little gifts :lol:;););)

But did I really need to go through all that... Is metacam some kinda gold dust?! (Vegan_Bunny, if you are reading, I did write everything down in a notebook like you said you do, and it took me awhile to build myself to phone the vets, sooooo phone shy :oops:but long story short, I was made to feel like I was asking for unnecessary meds :?)

You're right, at least I can feel I'm helping him and not leaving him to suffer. Like I've said, if it was us hoomins dealing with all that, we would be demanding meds. :(

They really are lovely gifts aren't they? :D me and Harry going to enjoy them this eve, once I've got the metacam in him. Hmmm, this will be interesting... I've never had to give meds to a bunny before... There's a syringe thingy wot not with it so I'm telling myself it can't be too difficult....

:shock::lol:

But did I really need to go through all that... Is metacam some kinda gold dust?! (Vegan_Bunny, if you are reading, I did write everything down in a notebook like you said you do, and it took me awhile to build myself to phone the vets, sooooo phone shy :oops:but long story short, I was made to feel like I was asking for unnecessary meds :?)

You're right, at least I can feel I'm helping him and not leaving him to suffer. Like I've said, if it was us hoomins dealing with all that, we would be demanding meds. :(

They really are lovely gifts aren't they? :D me and Harry going to enjoy them this eve, once I've got the metacam in him. Hmmm, this will be interesting... I've never had to give meds to a bunny before... There's a syringe thingy wot not with it so I'm telling myself it can't be too difficult....

Hopefully he'll find it tasty. Metacam is the only med Hector just laps up. Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tip...... Try not holding or restraining him first just offer it to him first he might take it, most rabbits like the taste, however don't get it near his nodule because I think it must sting:oops: I found this with willow :oops:

Don't let them feel that way. You know your bun much more than any vet does. You know when he's in pain.

Fiver actually mugs me for his metacam. :lol: Most rabbits love it. It smells like honey. :)

Glad you feel you are getting somewhere :) but sorry you have been made to worry so much more than you should! Hope Harry continues to pick up xx

What lovely thoughtful gifts! xx

Back