• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

(Myxi) *PIC ADDED/may find upsetting*Please, if there are any spare vibes going...

Thank you for asking after Harry guys :wave: :love: it's lovely knowing people are thinking of him. :love:

He's brighter in himself, he's investigating his surroundings more and he's very happy that he can jump on and off the bed with ease... When we first got him, he surprised us all by jumping over his pen... :shock:;):lol:

His nose is still healing, and his mouth nearly covers his teeth, which makes his mouth look more normal bless him. I can still feel tiny lumps around his face under the fur. :? I'm making an appointment for him on Wednesday so the vet can check progress, and to decide on whether we move on his vaccination or not. Fingers crossed Harry's beaten it. :thumb:

Poor Harry...

I was debating whether to start a new thread but I think this kinda fits on the end.

Harry has kicked myxi butt :love: and has been allowed/given his booster vaccine yesterday. Just monitoring for any ill effect.

But then the vet discovered "walking dandruff"... So he's started a course of spot-on for that, 2 more applications to go in 10 day intervals...

Poor Harry came back from the vets not impressed yesterday. Talk about sulk. He spent hours cleaning himself and refused to come out of his den. :(
Needless to say I feel like I failed. :oops: I mean seriously. How could I miss that when he's right there with me? *facepalm* Poor Harribo. :(

But what I would just like to say is thank you for all the kindness and vibes that Harry received whilst being poorly. (It helped calm a frantic bunneh mummeh too ;))

Right that's it!!!! I'm sending you virtual slaps! FAILED?!!? Quite the opposite i think :lol:

That rabbit (and all your rabbits) have outstanding care, love and attention........your a mummy too......and a wife........and you work! I honestly don't know how you do it :oops: I take my hat off to you, I think you do a wonderful job :wave:

Harry couldn't of had better care from anyone else....I guarantee it :thumb:

So, we shall hear no more about failing...ok? ;)

Now let's celebrate Harry's recovery ;)

Xxxxxxx

Right that's it!!!! I'm sending you virtual slaps! FAILED?!!? Quite the opposite i think :lol:

That rabbit (and all your rabbits) have outstanding care, love and attention........your a mummy too......and a wife........and you work! I honestly don't know how you do it :oops: I take my hat off to you, I think you do a wonderful job :wave:

Harry couldn't of had better care from anyone else....I guarantee it :thumb:

So, we shall hear no more about failing...ok? ;)

Now let's celebrate Harry's recovery ;)

Xxxxxxx

Here here, let's crack open a bottle of wine to celebrate :thumb: to your good health Harry :D

Here here, let's crack open a bottle of wine to celebrate :thumb: to your good health Harry :D

yayyy :)

and stop beating yourself up schez! Theyre teeny tiny and hard to see! And you had so much else on your plate!
glad to hear harry is tons better :) xxxxx

You haven't failed!!

Little dandruffs are horrid but are common following illness.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back