• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh God, Please No-U/D 26th October-Still OK

I feel like my world is crashing in on me :cry:

*squishes* Don't panic right now. It could be a few different things, and even if it is nodular myxo, then, depending on what you decided was best, it may not be the end of the world. I've recently been in the middle of a difficult myxo situation and I know that situation will be different from yours, but it may also give you an idea of different things, depending on what it is you're terrified of.

When was her last jab, or has she never had one due to her respiratory problems? :( I'm sorry to say it but it does look like myxi to me...:cry: Hoping she has some residual immunity against it, and only gets a mild form!

Sending non-myxi vibes xx

Maybe one of the buns has caught her? Could she have caught it on something?

Sending non-myxi vibes xx

Maybe one of the buns has caught her? Could she have caught it on something?

It could be this Chloe had a similar scab on her nose a couple of years ago - scared the life out of me but was just a scab .

It is possible that it is an injury as about 3-4 days ago she had a scrabble through the wire mesh partition with Jessica. I did not detect any injury at the time, but maybe she got caught by one of Jessica's toenails ???

If it is Myxi then I assume it must be the chronic (nodular) form given that there are, as yet, no other symptoms at all. But as Bobbie could not be vaccinated I dont know if she could survive

And what about the other 29 Rabbits here. Whilst they ARE all vaccinated would it put them at risk if I attempted to treat Bobbie

I SHOULD KNOW THE BLOODY ANSWER TO THAT MYSELF but my brain has ceased to function............... :cry:

I have started Bobbie on Baytril and Metacam. I could call C, but it's Sunday evening and she had to work yesterday. All she could do is what I am doing.

I honestly feel like I have been hit by a ten ton truck :cry:

It is possible that it is an injury as about 3-4 days ago she had a scrabble through the wire mesh partition with Jessica. I did not detect any injury at the time, but maybe she got caught by one of Jessica's toenails ???

If it is Myxi then I assume it must be the chronic (nodular) form given that there are, as yet, no other symptoms at all. But as Bobbie could not be vaccinated I dont know if she could survive

And what about the other 29 Rabbits here. Whilst they ARE all vaccinated would it put them at risk if I attempted to treat Bobbie

I SHOULD KNOW THE BLOODY ANSWER TO THAT MYSELF but my brain has ceased to function............... :cry:

I have started Bobbie on Baytril and Metacam. I could call C, but it's Sunday evening and she had to work yesterday. All she could do is what I am doing.

I honestly feel like I have been hit by a ten ton truck :cry:
Big hugs. Dont panic until you know what it is for definate. If it helps this is Chloes nose now and it looked worse than Bobbies when it first happened (no pics of that sorry)
freerange034.jpg

Back