• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH **** Fox Scraping at my Kitchen Door.......

It was back again this morning :evil:
I squirted a water pisol at it and it scarpered over the back fence

:censored:

Never thought I'd say this but I agree with Raven Rexs on this one

I wonder if they would go near sleeping babies as well, icky thought.

Yes, it seems they do. The number of credible reports is small but growing, particularly in west London. They include several reports of foxes attacking babies and toddlers, usually when the children are play in private gardens, though there seems to be official denial that this is likely. There was an article in the Hillingdon local paper a few years ago, pitting several angry parents against zoologists or other animal professionals who refused to believe the reports.

It's easy to forget that the fox is pretty much top predator in Britain (leaving ourselves out of the equation, that is).

Apparently electric fencing is good, but it's better in a large garden, and you have to remember to switch it on.

My neighbours feed the foxes, even though they've got a rabbit. I did tell them that they perhaps shouldn't be encoraging foxes to come near their rabbit, but not sure the message got through :roll:

my Teacher at the Gun club does pest control and even hes said it will just thats there to many foxes and he had to put quite a few down with mange.
He also said once theyve found a easy food source they will keep coming back to it, i truly hope it never ever gets in Jane you must be feeling so many emotions now including violated of your space.:cry:

:roll:
To be honest i think there needs to be a urban fox cull really there are getting to many of them in towns and this would increase the chance of a disease outbreak both affecting foxes and dogs proberly i know its not nice to say that they have to be culled as they all have rights to live but i have seen 3 this year very poorly with mange so that thier skin was weeping poor souls:cry:

Well perhaps that's a good justification of myxi in rabbits then, I'm sure lots of farmers would agree there are too many rabbits and they're spreading fleas etc too, and those nasty vermin keep trespassing on farms and eating their crop. Not to mention when they get sick from eating dodgy plants or getting clipped by a car/injured by a fox, cat, rat etc., makes it perfectly OK to cull them. ;)

male urine works.we had a problem with a fox afew years ago so my husband urinated all along the back fence and the fox hasnt been back.

Well perhaps that's a good justification of myxi in rabbits then, I'm sure lots of farmers would agree there are too many rabbits and they're spreading fleas etc too, and those nasty vermin keep trespassing on farms and eating their crop. Not to mention when they get sick from eating dodgy plants or getting clipped by a car/injured by a fox, cat, rat etc., makes it perfectly OK to cull them. ;)

Exactly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So I go up to the nearest bloke, hand him a water pistol and say ' Can you wee into this please'.............:D

Well so as not to offend I had better make sure it is a BIG water pistol.............:lol: :lol:

completely agree

:shock: Wow! Now that's just plain freaky! I live on a farm, but luckily my rabbit can have an outdoors run because we rarely get anything here that is much bigger than meercats or musk-cats, except for wild deer and large birds, and we have lived on the farm for about 8 years. Luckilly we also have 3 dogs, and we have many chickens and geese who make lots of noise whenever something strange nears the yard, so I think Tinky is quite safe :)

Back