• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Major the Mountain Hare and his ladys :)

They are beautiful - what a treat to see them :love: Do they have places they can raise up on their back legs to stretch out fully? :)

Yes I saw the log one - he wasn't fully stretched out and just looked very close to the roof is all, so I wondered as I know pictures can be deceptive (ie making it look like virtually no head room!).

I love how big his front paws are in the first photo :love: Do mountain hares binky? How does their behaviour different from buns in your experience? Very interesting.

Yes I saw the log one - he wasn't fully stretched out and just looked very close to the roof is all, so I wondered as I know pictures can be deceptive (ie making it look like virtually no head room!).

I love how big his front paws are in the first photo :love: Do mountain hares binky? How does their behaviour different from buns in your experience? Very interesting.

they are more edgy and nervous espeacially in open space, deffinitly not scared to use their teeth either if their upset, they kinda binky but not fully like a rabbit more leaping.
does are bigger than bucks when adult and they female is the one that starts the boxing match.

feet are massive

Beautiful mountain hares. I know up here they are culled because of eating the food the grouse etc feed on.There is controversy about this because no major study of their impact on the environment has been done or a proper count of numbers etc.

they are more edgy and nervous espeacially in open space, deffinitly not scared to use their teeth either if their upset, they kinda binky but not fully like a rabbit more leaping.
does are bigger than bucks when adult and they female is the one that starts the boxing match.

feet are massive

Look at those big yeti feet :love: Incredible. I had a feeling they wouldn't be hesitant to use their nashers, if needed! So they can become quite tame, then?

Awww you got him some ladies. How lovely. I remember your thread when you first got him. He is glorious.

Back