• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord H- U/D 12th July - Another Seizure-- Severe :-(

:( Poor him, and poor you.

Any chance this is a nerve endings thing caused by a progression/change of the dysautonomia?
Or, would that actually cause epilepsy? Or a manifestation that looks the same? But potentially different cause?

Whatever it is, he certainly has more than his fair share of challenges. I hlope he picks up again soon.

We are thinking along those lines atm. But goodness knows how a definitive diagnosis could be achieved, given all his other issues :cry:And what could be done anyway except to treat the symptoms-ie meds to try to prevent the seizures. The only 'good' thing is that as with all his gut problems he is not 'ill' within himself. Once the absence or seizure is over he just carries on as if nothing has happened. Which is more than can be said for me.

I have only cared for one 'Seizure' Rabbit before, Billie. His seizures were due to EC and he had several tiny ones a day. Always when sleeping. They started when he hit puberty and went on for his entire life. All 8 years of it x

I've only just caught up with this thread, I'm so sorry Lord H has been poorly again.

Sending lots of love and vibes for him.

One thing is certain, he couldn't be in better hands.

Take care xxx

C thinks he has Epilepsy. He has had some 'absences' and now 2 seizures. He has been treated for EC, but C does not think EC is the issue. She wants me to keep a detailed diary to see if there is a pattern with the 'absences', seizures and what is going on just prior to them. Also, his exact daily diet. She does not want to start him on medication for Epilepsy yet, although this may be needed in the future. I have an emergency supply of Diazepam incase he has a seizure that will not stop.

I was in the process of adopting a Doe to be a companion for him. Obviously that wont be happening now

:cry:

Hugs, Lord H is in the very best hands. Xxx

Apparently not according to some, but that's another story :roll:

Thanks for your support yet again everyone who has posted. I wont update this thread any more, for personal reasons xx

Mr Bennett would not have been referred and the mass found if it wasn't for C. Plus they removed a massive tumour from Jimmy Jaws the hamster that was attached to his elbow, a very delicate operation. It has transformed his life beyond any expectations, not just health wise but personality wise, he is incredibly happy and loving.

C has also neutered all the foster chinchillas and other tiny animals.

It's not just the operations, it's the support you get too.

Hope Lord H is in good spirits today. Xxx

Mr Bennett would not have been referred and the mass found if it wasn't for C. Plus they removed a massive tumour from Jimmy Jaws the hamster that was attached to his elbow, a very delicate operation. It has transformed his life beyond any expectations, not just health wise but personality wise, he is incredibly happy and loving.

C has also neutered all the foster chinchillas and other tiny animals.

It's not just the operations, it's the support you get too.

Hope Lord H is in good spirits today. Xxx

C is one in a million and we are so lucky to have her xx

I was unable to view the video due to it being region locked, but I hope that Lord H is okay. Thinking of you both. ((((((((((Vibes)))))))))) xxxx

Back