• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Bill and John-Boy Boblet -U/D 1400hrs ....OMFG!!

Awww poor little guys :cry: Hope they feel better now anyway (I assume they had dentals while they were out?).

I cannot believe this. Although both Boblets have come through the GA/Castrate OK they have BOTH got huge MOLAR SPURS and Little Bill has a lacerated tongue :cry: :cry: :cry: The boys are only 3.5 months old........
They clearly have SEVERE INHERITED DENTAL DISEASE which will mean Dentals every 8-12 weeks. This will significantly reduce their life expectancy :cry: :cry:
The girlie Boblets probably have the same condition.............

THAT :censored: :censored: :censored: BREEDER

:evil: :evil:

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh No that is such a shame, it is so miserable for to them have sore mouths :cry: glad they got through thier op's ok though :D

The Boys are now home :D
Little Bill is behaving as if nothing has happened and is pigging out on hay and greens. Hard to believe he has a lacerated tongue :cry:

John-Boy is still wobbly, he was done later than Little Bill. He has started to eat some greens.

It is very difficult for me not to think of the circumstances these Rabbits came from. I am the one who's been dealing with the fall out............
Not everyone is able to just forget and 'focus on looking forward'

Janex

Poor wee things. It's as well they've ended up with you ,otherwise the dental problems could have gone unnoticed for goodness knows how long before being noticed. at least now it can be be dealt with as and when nec. Healing vibes for both ends of the boblet boys, and for the top end of the girlies.:)

\i give them super duper mega luck i hope they recover as soon possible.well good luck every1:rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :angel: i pray for them.

It is very difficult for me not to think of the circumstances these Rabbits came from. I am the one who's been dealing with the fall out............
Not everyone is able to just forget and 'focus on looking forward'

I didn't tell you that you couldn't think of them or that you had to forget. Just that I won't tolerate any further expressions of physical violence towards people in forum posts. As well as being unpleasant it's also bordering on illegal.

Tamsin

Poor little Boblets. Such a shame they've had to go through so much so young, but as you say, at least they seem not to notice. :)

I'm so sorry :cry: Poor little mites. Did the vet do their dentals while they were under the GA or do they have to go back for it? Poor babies I just can't believe they have to go through this as well...:cry:

I'm so sorry :cry: Poor little mites. Did the vet do their dentals while they were under the GA or do they have to go back for it? Poor babies I just can't believe they have to go through this as well...:cry:

Yes, Christobel sorted their teeth out for now. But with this type of Dental problem , ie genetic, no amount of hay/grass will minimise the need for further Dentals. And as its molar malocclusion a THOROUGH Dental will not be possible without a GA. Repeated GAs every 8-12 weeks will eventually impact on Kidney and Liver function :cry: :cry: :cry:

All in all the affected Boblets wont have long lives

Right now I feel really :censored: :cry: :cry:

Janex

This is just heartbreaking. :cry: :cry: I'm really sorry Jane, you don't deserve this either. What about removing the problem back molars completely...I don't know much about this but have read a few people have done this and the buns go on to lead happy lives. Better than GA every 8 weeks:cry: :cry:

This is just heartbreaking. :cry: :cry: I'm really sorry Jane, you don't deserve this either. What about removing the problem back molars completely...I don't know much about this but have read a few people have done this and the buns go on to lead happy lives. Better than GA every 8 weeks:cry: :cry:

Molar extraction is MAJOR surgery. Often they have to be removed from the outside through the jaw/cheek. Incisor (front teeth) extraction is less of an issue. So Buns with Incisor malocclusion can do very well without front teeth.

My poor Boblets :cry:

Janex

I'm so sorry Jane for you and Little Bill and John-Boy, what awful news.
I'm so glad that they have come through their deplumming just fine though.
What little fighters they are.
I'm so sorry that it seems the legacy of that breeder is going to affect those poor little buns for the rest of their lives :cry:
I don't know what else to say.
Thinking of you x x x

I'm so sorry Jane, that's really tough news. It sounds like such a lot for them to go through, poor darlings. Is it going to be very expensive? x

Oh Jane, it's such bitter sweet news you've received today, on the one hand the de-pluming went well, but now you have this to deal with :cry: I totally empathise with you and understand your expression of anger. I can't imagine how it must feel to love something so much and know that someone before you was not as caring :censored:

I know you will be strong, good luck with everything, we are all here for you, listening and thinking of you xx

:( jane im so sorry..after all youve all been through:censored:

I had a pet shop dwarf lop like that i know what youre going through on the future of a dental bun like that..im so sorry.
All i can say the vet said to me it was amazing how she wasnt dead before she was 3 months old..and she bounced back form every dental thaks to nursing and wonderful prepulsid when it was available in those days. she lived till she was 18 months old...she was very ill..and very upset ad they said it was kindnenr to put her down as she would get kidney and liver disease/failure cos of the GA...she had inscisors removed following an acidnet with a metal tiped water bottle..
i always felt like i could have saved her a bit longer..thanks to bif and little oscar i realsie i might have for a few monts more.
If i went back would i not get her..nope...she had the best treatment i could give at the time..and had a bunny vet....and so much love and atention and the cats as her buddies...she was fearsome but i loved her so much.

its soul destroying but you can only do what you can do and afford...and what you think is right for the buns...
you say only 18 months but so far shes the longest time ive ever had a rabbit for...woozle died horrifically form landing in dog runny poo outside the gate..and had a reaction to myxi as well and died horribly two days later.
Oscar developed stress anxiety disorder after bumble dying..tabby dying..my dad dying and us grieving and family breakups down to dad dying.
a few days after dads funeral we got him bif and once bonded they were each others soulmates...then he died of gi stasis and she survived it...
weve had her a year and five almost 6 months and my hearts thumping daily!
maybe im not a good enuff bunny mummy..or am i just unlucky in my buns health probs.whichever..its a painful thing being a bunny mummy esp when its down to the stupidity of some breeders like it was for my kibbles too.

im lucky i know a very responsible breeder..hobbyist shower not breeder en mass.......all her buns are traceable down bloodlines and dental or anything else..buns are kept as pets....and neutered etc....
she has told me many times about breeders who are just folks breeding buns theyve got from the pet store etc...and wonder why theyre babies are dental buns..heart probs etc..

shame the breeder isnt registered..brc would be down his/her neck and wouldnt be a member of the brc anymore. if theyre registered what did the brc say?

i am so sorry jane..i miss kibbles the most as she was my first bun as an adult and she taught me so much about buns..and dental probs and stasis feedng etc.
its not what breeders should be allowed to let happen.:censored:

I'm so sorry to hear this Jane :( But you will give them so much love and the best care, they wouldn't find anyone else more capable to look after them

Is it going to be very expensive? x

If all 5 Boblets are affected, which seems likely, then it may be 5 x full GA/Dental every 8-12 weeks. Even if I am just charged for the GA that will be 5 x £25 every 2-3 months........................

I will do all I can for them

:cry:

Janex

Back