• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A little Phillip update

nap91

Mama Doe
I've not been very active on the forum lately as life has been busy but I'm still here :wave:

Just a little update on Phillip for anyone interested.

He's very well within himself but has been drinking huge amounts and become incontinent most evenings and some days now.
I was worried he was in kidney failure since the incontinence had become worse so last week we took a trip to Anton. The results came back today and his bloods look good, including his kidneys, which is a relief. His EC test, which has been positive in the past, was negative.

Tomorrow we are back to see John for a CT scan and other expensive diagnostics :lol: John has suggested that arthritis of the spine may be the cause so hopefully something will show up on the scans. A little worried because of the anaesthetic but Britney and Whitney are going with him for moral support and I know he will be in the best hands.

Hi. :wave: I'm glad Phillip is doing well, though I'm sorry to hear about his incontinence and his drinking so much. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to find out what's causing it, and I hope you'll get an answer soon so you know what you're dealing with. Sending Phillip so many vibes. I'm glad he'll have Britney and Whitney with him tomorrow for moral support. :love:

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope we hear good news from Philip soon. Hope everything goes well for Philip...

I often think about cutey Phillip. I'm pleased his tests came back good. Lots of vibes for tomorrow- I hope it provides a way forward

Thank you for your kind wishes everyone, we are here safe and waiting to go in. Feeling very anxious and everybun is all sulky with me

bad1441249acf9c61274b1ed2265136a.jpg

my best wishes to Philip for today xxx and i hope the girls are especially nice to him :love:

Well Britney is currently sat on him [emoji38]

9df9264822b5959494e5c633275bb1a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5ddcd549567dd4ddc6334f334f34506d.jpg

“Let me out, I don’t even need to be here!!”

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back