• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jake and Fern bonding

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Jake and Fern have been together just under 3 hours, we started off in a fairly bigish pen but have had to reduce the space as there was a lot of chasing and jumping at each other. Jake is being a bit rough, and Fern has been frozen sitting still for a long time bless her. Jake is eating and has been sleeping, they've both being grooming themselves but so far Fern is scared to eat or drink anything beside some tiny nibbles of hay. She is only just starting to look slightly more relaxed now bless her. They've had different types of hay, forage, fresh and dried dandelions and kale to temp. Hoping Fern relaxes soon and Jake will allow her to come over to him in her own time without him getting all pushy!

IMG_20210516_113705316_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_113722036 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_125030893 by Hliz, on Flickr

Most recent photo, looking slightly more relaxed

IMG_20210516_135814221_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

Update: Just as I posted Fern has starting eating hay and dried dandelions :) She's stamping her feet whenever Jake does anything, which is better than freezing. Hopefully she'll relax more soon :love:

Last edited:
:love::love::love: there are no words to describe how happy I am to see her with another bunny again :love: she looks tense in the first couple but more relaxed in the 2nd ones and the last one Jake looks very chilled out :love: I hope things continue to go well :love:

Oh, I was very sorry. :| Fern looks so innocent, I can't stand the animals being sad. :| Hopefully this problem will be solved soon.

I'm so glad to hear that. I'm so new about rabbits. That's why I'm pretty anxious. :roll:

I know it seems like a stressful situation but she won’t have been stressed for long, and soon they will be happy together once they learn to trust each other :love:

Thank you all :) Yes this is all normal for bonds, especially within the first few hours. I know it doesn't look very nice but chasing, fur pulling, mounting is all very normal. And to be fair there's been minimum of it, Jake is very confident around other rabbits but this can be scary for some bunnies especially as Fern as only just arrived so she has to get used to more than Jake. Things seem to be progressing well and it will be lovely to see them all snuggled up soon :love:

I know it seems like a stressful situation but she won’t have been stressed for long, and soon they will be happy together once they learn to trust each other :love:

May the rabbits be happy, I don't want anything else. I have a very emotional and sensitive side. I'm very sensitive when it comes to animals and children. This is my bad side :|

Thank you all :) Yes this is all normal for bonds, especially within the first few hours. I know it doesn't look very nice but chasing, fur pulling, mounting is all very normal. And to be fair there's been minimum of it, Jake is very confident around other rabbits but this can be scary for some bunnies especially as Fern as only just arrived so she has to get used to more than Jake. Things seem to be progressing well and it will be lovely to see them all snuggled up soon :love:

Definitely, I’m so excited for them both :love:

Oh bless, they look more relaxed in the last photos, fingers and paws crossed here for a happy bond.

A more relaxed Fern :love:

IMG_20210516_142328079 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_142712647_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_143334759_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_153303254_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_154855324 by Hliz, on Flickr

There's less stamps, or when they do happen Jake doesn't react or if they have a small chase it only lasts a second. Bunny bonding is no good for my wasteline, I've gone through a big sharing pack of crisps and working my way through a pack of bicuits eyeing up the gin for later :lol:

A more relaxed Fern :love:

IMG_20210516_142328079 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_142712647_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_143334759_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_153303254_HDR by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20210516_154855324 by Hliz, on Flickr

There's less stamps, or when they do happen Jake doesn't react or if they have a small chase it only lasts a second. Bunny bonding is no good for my wasteline, I've gone through a big sharing pack of crisps and working my way through a pack of bicuits eyeing up the gin for later :lol:

I was happy to see the last photos. They look so sweet. :love:

Back