• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Jake please

Thank you both. Yeah the vet said he couldn't see the tilt, and we put him in the floor to move around and to be fair he was moving around normally but I just explained it's not something I want to allow to get worse, and he understood we know something is different about him.

Poor Jake really hope the meds get him back to his normal self soon, sending loads of vibes from me and Georgie cat xx

I'm glad the vet agreed to treat him even though he himself couldn't see the tilt. You know Jake best, so if you think something's not right then it must be true, and, exactly, waiting for it to get worse (and the signs are more obvious) is not a great idea. I hope he'll start to feel better soon. Sending him lots more vibes.

Thank you everyone :love: He's been a bit more himself today, he was moving around this morning, finished a bowl of readigrass instead of a few mouthfuls then lying down, and was greeting me or when Jack dog walked past.

Thank you :) Just to update, Jake has been back to his usual self :D We will of course finish the course for them both, maybe it was an ear infection rather than EC as I'm not sure we'd have seen an improvement so quickly, but whatever as long as he's well.

Back