• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Jake please

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday Jake wasn't interested in pellets, which isn't hugely remarkable for him as he isn't pellet obsessed. But he did seem quiet, I was on the fence about getting him an appointment yesterday but I did see him eating hay, veg and treats but in the meantime he was going into their house when more often that not he'd be out more on their little bed with Fern. This morning he was also quiet and refused a treat and didn't come out when the pen door was open, so a vet appt for this morning was made. My partner has taken him and told me they are keeping him in for a dental. Very unusual seeing Jake poorly, he has had 2 dentals before but we notice he leaves bits of food he's never completely gone off or been quiet, in 8 years he's never not greeted us etc!

Thank you x apparently at the appointment his tummy was relaxed and has gut sounds so hopefully is just dental

Sending lots of vibes for him. I hope Fern will look after him nicely after his op xx

Aw, poor boy. I hope the dental will make everything all right again. I'm glad his tummy was fine, at least. Sending so many vibes for Jake.

Awww, loads of vibes for lovely Jake. I hope his dental went well, he recovers smoothly & is feeling more sociable really soon

Thank you :) partner has just picked him up, they've said he's eaten critical care willingly and has been wanting to interact them, he does like to treat the vets as a little trip out and is normally very relaxed and social there!! He has meds for at home but should hopefully be eating well now fingers crossed

Sending Jake lots of vibes. I hope he recovers well at home and is soon feeling back to normal.

Thank you. Jake is eating and active/socialable, he was periscoping at me when I got home! Things are a bit fraught between him and Fern, but improving. The pet remedy has been sprayed!

Sending loads and loads of vibes for jake. So glad he is home - I’m sure he will settle soon in familiar surroundings and hope he and fern can share their love now he is back home. Xx

Back