• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fern seeing out of hours vet for swollen eye

Intrasite just promotes deep wound healing, both surgical wounds and wounds like pressure sores. I hope Fern recovers well overnight x

It is good to hear she is doing well after her procedure. Sending vibes the infection will not return once treatment is complete.

Thank you. Her eye is looking ok, she's having a check up on Monday. Keeping up with all the meds at the right times is a bit tricky but she takes them well which helps!
7502b2e00392a9d7cd2bd2e9a5bd3c10.jpg

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

Thank you. Her eye is looking ok, she's having a check up on Monday. Keeping up with all the meds at the right times is a bit tricky but she takes them well which helps!
7502b2e00392a9d7cd2bd2e9a5bd3c10.jpg

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I hope that the check up goes well. She’s a very brave girl :love:

Aww, Fern. :love: That's so good that she's taking her meds well. :love: Keeping up with several meds at different times really can be tricky. I hope you'll get some positive news at her check up on Monday. Sending her a lot more vibes.

Sorry I thought I'd replied! The check up went well, the abscess has not refilled and wound healing well, she is back on Monday to decide whether to stop the meds or carry on. She is on depocillin injections, baytril, metronidazole and we stopped metacam on Monday since the wound has pretty much healed and her behaviour shows no sign of pain.

Sorry I thought I'd replied! The check up went well, the abscess has not refilled and wound healing well, she is back on Monday to decide whether to stop the meds or carry on. She is on depocillin injections, baytril, metronidazole and we stopped metacam on Monday since the wound has pretty much healed and her behaviour shows no sign of pain.

That’s great news, keeping my fingers crossed she remains well xx

Great news. IME it’s best to carry on abx for several days after the abscess has healed. Let’s hope that it won’t refill again x

That's really good to hear! I'm glad the wound has pretty much healed and that she's not showing any signs of pain. Sending vibes that this was the last you'll see of it.

Back