• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inner turmoil: when to call it a day :(

Thanks everyone. I am going to go to work to try to keep busy; rang them earlier and said I wouldn't be in, but it's probably better if I do. Olly will just be in his house all day anyway :(

Olly is such a special boy and he's so blessed to have you caring for him.
I can only add that I would wait for the trusted vet. I didn't do this with my cat, Tooey, and it wasn't the right choice for her. I am thinking of you and sending comforting vibes your way and an extra kiss for Olly from me and Mimzy. xxxxx

I'm so sorry you are going through this, it's incredibly difficult. I know that when we had to make the decision for Darwin recently, it made all the difference that our favourite vet was the one we saw and she was lovely throughout x

It won't be my favourite vet, as she is off today and tomorrow :( but the one we are seeing is infinitely better than the one on this morning. I saw Louise last night, but didn't think it was the right time then :( maybe I should've just let her do it, she is lovely :(

It won't be my favourite vet, as she is off today and tomorrow :( but the one we are seeing is infinitely better than the one on this morning. I saw Louise last night, but didn't think it was the right time then :( maybe I should've just let her do it, she is lovely :(

I hope I haven't upset you. If it didn't feel like the right time then it was best to wait. I'm sure that whoever you see will show the kindness and compassion that they ought to in a situation such as this. Also you shouldn't feel pushed either way, it's perfectly ok to say it's time or indeed walk away if you decide that it's not x

Oh god I hate this :cry: :cry: :roll: also dreading telling my mum, as she loves him too :( she and my dad have gone to Tenerife today, even though she didn't really want to as she still has a healing broken arm.. :( she texts me every day to see how Olly is, I can't lie to her for a whole week :( but she'll be so upset. I spoke to her last night, do she knows it's on the cards.. :cry:

This is the worst decision anyone has to make. I think you are doing the best by him. Am thinking of you and hope you can eventually feel peace by remembering and appreciating all the good times and the love. Look after yourself Xxxxxxxxx

Back