• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inner turmoil: when to call it a day :(

Olly lived in my bedroom. I can't bear to go in :cry:

I know darling. ((((Hugs)))) After my Pickle-Pie left for the bridge I couldn't face my room for a couple of weeks, I just napped downstairs on the sofa. I know so well how you're feeling, I really and truly do. This is going to be a :censored: time but you just have to keep ploughing forward. Plan a way of commemorating Olly so you have something to focus on - maybe plant a tree or make a special windchime or put together a photo album of his very best pics. I found it cathartic taking Pickle's toys and leftover unopened food and bedding to the nearby rescue, as they were really grateful for it. Perhaps you could do that, or make a donation to a rabbit rescue in Olly's name? That way, others will have a better life because he existed and was your special boy. It's a kind of legacy if you know what I mean.

I know the next few weeks are gong to be particularly hard. Do you have remaining buns, or other pets? If so focus on spoiling them absolutely bloody rotten. If you can move the furniture round in your bedroom, or add a new rug or something so it feels like a new page. If you have the distraction of work that's helpful, but if not perhaps you could take up volunteering to give you something fresh to focus on?

And ripminnie, I think you did absolutely the right thing for Olly. It's a terrible decision to have to make but it was the right one. He can binky pain-free at the bridge now. :love:

Binky free, Olly. xxx

I've only just caught up with this thread. I have tears in my eyes. This blatantly apparent heartache is testament to how much Olly means to you. I hope the pain eases and you're able to look back at the good times soon. xxx

I did get a grip for the sake of Daisy and Molly, but now I'm in bed and Olly isn't here, he didn't come running for his bedtime treat, buzzing like a bee :cry: :cry: he isn't hopping round the room looking for the bits I dotted around for him :( he isn't jumping in his litter tray munching hay :( he didn't get a bedtime snuggle :cry: :cry: I miss him so much :cry:

I did get a grip for the sake of Daisy and Molly, but now I'm in bed and Olly isn't here, he didn't come running for his bedtime treat, buzzing like a bee :cry: :cry: he isn't hopping round the room looking for the bits I dotted around for him :( he isn't jumping in his litter tray munching hay :( he didn't get a bedtime snuggle :cry: :cry: I miss him so much :cry:

I'm so sorry :cry: sending more hugs xx

Sending more hugs.xxx

Thanks again for the comments/hugs. I have been ok today apart from a few minor wobbles... I arranged to have a private cremation for Olly :( I have Honey's ashes in a nice casket with a photo on the front, and I'm going to put Olly's in there too, so they can be together again :( I can't believe he's gone though :( I am going to do a tribute in rainbow bridge when I get chance.

Thanks again for the comments/hugs. I have been ok today apart from a few minor wobbles... I arranged to have a private cremation for Olly :( I have Honey's ashes in a nice casket with a photo on the front, and I'm going to put Olly's in there too, so they can be together again :( I can't believe he's gone though :( I am going to do a tribute in rainbow bridge when I get chance.

That sound like a lovely idea for his ashes :love: I'm so sorry you are going through this, I'm thinking of you and sending more hugs xx

The hardest possible thing anyone can ask of us is that we say goodbye to a beloved friend when they have been with us so long...and we have this horrible responsibility of being the one who takes them to their rest. :cry:

I empathize with you...someday I must do this for Mimzy and it will be so very hard. ((((((((Huge hugs)))))))) But you stood up for Olly and gave him that last gift. I am certain he and Honey are smiling upon you and watching over you. Love like this does not fade away nor can it be taken from us.

I like that you will have them together again. I will be doing the same for my bunnies. I'm holding out a hand to help steady you during your wobbles and thinking of you at this sad time. Take care and be kind to yourself. xxxx

Sorry I missed this as my cp wasn't working again or 2 days. Anyway I am sure you have done the kindest thing. Take care xx

Back