• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How bad can a day get?/ We lost Flint

Oh no! im sending Elwood all my love and healing vibes x Hope he makes it.

I can honestly say im walking in your shoes right now so i know 110% how your feeling, I have recently lost 9 ferrets to a mystery illness in 3 weeks, 3 died on the same day two more have got it but havnt given up yet and two more may be showing signs, its going into the fourth week now waiting for the Pm results and i just feel like im sat in the middle of a ticking time bomb and feel so helpless.

I know i only joined here yesterday and my pets are mainly ferrets but as im in exactly the same position as you right now id happily chat to you (PM), i cant advise much on rabbits as im learning as i go along but im feeling the same grief as you right now and am at here in tears now (yet again) Oh and my vet bill is £1000 to so we have quite a bit in common, im so sad its happeneing to someone else.

fingers crossed for Elwood im sure he couldnt be in a better place xxx

Thank you, that is very kind.

I am so sorry about what is happening to your ferrets, you must be so worried. I was saying to my hubby last night that at least we are lucky that none of our deaths are related. It would be our worse nightmare to have a contagious illness spreading through the buns. I really hope you can get some answers soon and the rest of them stay healthy :)

Yes it very worrying, thank the lord it wasnt distemper as i would of lost the entire lot in days, its a mystery and unfortunatly i made the mistake of asking ferret forums for support and some very ignorant people made a huge song and dance about it, got all their facts mixed up as they do and it it caused a huge fracus it probably caused me as much distress as losing the animals how i was treated so i feel its very improtant to show my support to someone in a similer situation, i totally lost faith in the ferret world, although it was only a couple of people some of their friends felt they had to back their mates up even if they agreed or not and it led to tension between long standing friends, i had tonnes of suport but it was just those two/three people who spoiled it all.

Although the good thing to come from is i decided to join bunny forums hoping they would be friendly :) although i suppose most forums can get like that sometimes, people tend to add two and two and make five.

Anyway waffling on as usual, Ill send Elwood some reiki and angelic healing :)

Oh no Liz, I'm so sorry to hear this, what a horrible time you're having at the moment :cry: Big hugs to you, Steve and the buns xxx

i'm so sorry foe you losses and that you are having such a terrible time. Losing one bunny is hard enough so i can't imagine how heartbroken you must be...
binky free little ones
sending all our love
Lisa and the buns xx

Liz I feel heartbroken for you - I cannot begin to imagine how you & Steve are coping with all your losses :cry:

Thinking of you both & all your other bunsters at this difficult time, take care xxx

He has always been bonded to Fern so I don't know how she will cope alone :( Maybe her and Bertie can be bonded :?
I am so sorry all this is happening to you!

Fern might well be ok. When my bunny Pippa died at over 8 years old that was always bonded to Benji from a few months old, Benji was actually ok. She died whilst she was with him, so he knew what happened and that he didn't need to wait for her to come back. I have not bonded him since as I am worried that bonding stress might be too much for him at now 10 years old, but he is absolutely fine and just enjoys having the other bunnies in the cages around him and I think is quite happy to have some peace and quiet! :)

I hope things are looking up for you soon.

Vera

Back