• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How bad can a day get?/ We lost Flint

Flint has had an abdominal non cancerous tumour for the past year or more, the vet thinks it had abscessed and burst :(

I can't believe they charged £170 just to pts.

Flint was 7 years old and we have had him since he was 8 weeks, so at least we know he had a long and happy life.

He has always been bonded to Fern so I don't know how she will cope alone :( Maybe her and Bertie can be bonded :? But I can't think about that right now. I think I just need to sit and sob in a corner for a few days :cry::cry::cry:

Liz I am so sorry. What a hell of a day you have had:cry:. They say things come in 3's so hopefully you are now going to turn a corner and have only good news.
Sending you hugsxx

I found this Liz, I know it says child but I think be it human child or one of our beloved furry children, the sentiment works just the same. I am so so sorry xxx

A Child Loaned

"I'll lend you for a little time
A child of Mine." He said.
"For you to love the while he lives
And mourn for when he's dead.
It may be six or seven year
Or twenty-two or three
But will you, till I call him back
Take care of him for Me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you
And should his stay be brief,
You'll have his lovely memories
As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay
Since all from Earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there
I want the child to learn.
I've looked this wide world over
In my search for teacher's true,
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes,
I have selected you;
Now will you give him all your love,
Nor think the labour vain
Nor hate Me when I come to call
And take him back again?

I fancied that I heard them say,
"Dear Lord, They will be done,
For all the joy Thy child shall bring,
For the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known,
Forever grateful stay.
But should the angels call for him
Much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And try to understand."

Anonymous

Oh Liz,
sorry to hear such bad news. To lose 3 in a day is unimaginable.
Hope you are coping, but know how hard it must be.

Liz, this must be such an awful shock for you. I am so sorry you have now lost your Flint. Thinking of you allxxxx

Oh no Liz i can't believe this what an awful day you had yesterday, you know where i am if you want to chat or anything, i hope you are ok xx

Thanks Katie.

Getting up this morning was very strange :cry::cry: And I only seemed to do half the medication that i normally do, its taken no time at all.

We are also still so worried about the others we have going in for GA's this week. Elwood especially as he is on antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection at the moment :? And the other 2 are old girls :(

Oh liz, very sorry for you. It's heartbreaking to loose any bunny, let a lone 3 in one day.

I agree that the vet charged an excessive amount. We had to have one admitted on easter sunday and the bill was less than that & she was on fluids and medication all day before we decided to let her go.

Oh liz, very sorry for you. It's heartbreaking to loose any bunny, let a lone 3 in one day.

I agree that the vet charged an excessive amount. We had to have one admitted on easter sunday and the bill was less than that & she was on fluids and medication all day before we decided to let her go.

Having looked at the bill it was the cost of pts and cremation that was horrendous :shock:

out of hours £62.33
consult £26.59
pts £32.17
cremation £26.42 :shock: Total £169.64

At our vets it costs around £25 for pts and cremation together :?

Back