• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrific photos of cruelty u/d photos page 7!

Just been in contact regarding the ratties and i've been told there for sale not rehoming :?

and this sweetie is the one that had the awful long teeth and the dirty bum:
Picture003.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love: Oh my !!! I want....:oops: Poor little lambkin :cry: hmmm I hope she finds a good home - I would sooooo love her....but need to be sensible :cry::cry:

Yeah she said she had to get rid of the adults cause someone told on her to the council about how many animals she had she put in the txt the babies she bred or the shops but they don't want hoodies she wants £10 for 2 or would consider the same price for 3 boys it doesn't make sense :?

I am really annoyed about this!

The story I have NOW been told is that the owner is a single Mum who decided to breed fancy rats to bump up her income!

All Caroline told me was that she'd had several buns and 80 rats in in awful condition and how on earth can people say they love animals? Being kind hearted I agreed to try and help and spent the past few days trying to find homes for these ratties to find out that this woman is trying to sell them! I don't know if Caroline know this but the phone number came from her!

I now suspect that Caroline is boarding these rats for this woman, if this is the case then I have been grossly misinformed.

I have text Caroline asking for clarification and will let you know what her reply is.

Is this the same place that the rabbits came from?? If so then coul you not report her to the RSPCA? You have photos as evidence and I am not sure why a rescue would want to support someone who is keeping animals this way. I don't know why they would want to stay on good terms with her....how bizarre!

Well done for all of your efforts Kay, I hope it turns out to be a misunderstanding!!!

I am really annoyed about this!

The story I have NOW been told is that the owner is a single Mum who decided to breed fancy rats to bump up her income!

All Caroline told me was that she'd had several buns and 80 rats in in awful condition and how on earth can people say they love animals? Being kind hearted I agreed to try and help and spent the past few days trying to find homes for these ratties to find out that this woman is trying to sell them! I don't know if Caroline know this but the phone number came from her!

I now suspect that Caroline is boarding these rats for this woman, if this is the case then I have been grossly misinformed.

I have text Caroline asking for clarification and will let you know what her reply is.

Knowing Caroline, then her only concern would be the welfare of the rats and she certainly would not be aiding anyone selling bunnies or rats. Maybe the owner saw a quick way of making a buck when she got calls offering homes.
Im sure that this will be sorted shortly.

Got a very upset text back from Caroline saying:

She is just a stupid :censored: taking the :censored: out of me for looking after them.

----------------------
I have just been told that the buns came in the same day but by a different person and Caroline apologises for the confussion. She told me that she took the ratties in because this woman had acted as a rescue who had been approached to rehome but didn't have the room. Caroline didn't really have the room but wanted the help and now this woman appears to just be using her as the council won't let her sell them out of her flat! Unbelieveable cheek!

Considering she kept them in plastic tubs I don't see that she has a foot to stand on.

I don't know what to say. I feel fed-up and embrassed now for getting involved but I was so upset about the condition of them all. Thanks everyone for the offer of help, I guess this goes on hold now and Caroline will have to contact this woman and find out whats going on!

Does Caroline have any signing over forms? Perhaps she should give the woman the ultimatum of signing them over to Caroline or taking them back (and Caroline reporting her to the council)?

Give the woman the opportunity of signing them over (she can make a quick form if she doesn't have one) or the option that caroline will return the rats immediately AND report her to the council.

Thanks for the update Kay. Sadly there are some unscrupulous breeders out there and we have met many. They do think the rest of the world is a bit thick and they can lie and not get caught out:roll: Ive had some tell me the most obvious lies to my face , I say nothing and remove the bunnies I have gone to rescue. Im a firm believer that eventually life catches up with everyone:evil:

I knew Caroline would be very upset by this. You have no reason to be embarrassed Kay and I hope you will continue to support Caroline with her rescue as she so needs people like you.

Its great news that she is in council property and cannot continue. I think Caroline needs to contact the RSPCA and have a chat with them about ownership of the rats etc.

We shouldn't focus too much on this and need to concentrate on the lovely bunnies that are featured in this post and need loving homes.

Thank you everyone. Caroline is indeed upset. She phoned me earlier and is in a quandary with what to do. I have suggested that she signs gets them signed over and rehomes herself. I know Caroline feels abit silly and really is in a dangerous position because if the locals find out she has rats on site they will go mad. She already has to get planning permission every year from the council to be there because of the hassle the local residents give her.

Its so annoying that kind hearted individuals are taken for a ride like this. Caroline is going to charge for boarding now but only £1 a day which won't go anyway near covering the costs so far. The cages alone cost over £100!

I'll keep you posted. The bunnies are doing well.

Thank you everyone. Caroline is indeed upset. She phoned me earlier and is in a quandary with what to do. I have suggested that she signs gets them signed over and rehomes herself. I know Caroline feels abit silly and really is in a dangerous position because if the locals find out she has rats on site they will go mad. She already has to get planning permission every year from the council to be there because of the hassle the local residents give her.

Its so annoying that kind hearted individuals are taken for a ride like this. Caroline is going to charge for boarding now but only £1 a day which won't go anyway near covering the costs so far. The cages alone cost over £100!

I'll keep you posted. The bunnies are doing well.

Since this woman was keeping them in terrible conditions the RSPCA should be informed, and the council. You have photos as proof after all.
I would refuse to give them back to her.

Either that or charge her £5 per day boarding. Shes taking the :censored:
Mind you, if you charge her too much she'll take them back and then god knows where they'll end up! :roll:

RSPCA is definitely the best bet. What a cow.

So Caroline's next door neighbor so happen to be a breeder who breed rats?

No not her neighbour. I meant the neighbours of the rescue are anti-rescue and if they found out that we had rats down their as well then they would go mad.

I have advised her to tell the RSPCA. The conditions were awful and we have the photos too. I think Caroline helped this woman because she figured that having them with her she was giving them a better life than this woman could and we could all help rehome including the woman. I am very confused by it all to be honest. I have told Caroline that I won't help out if this woman is selling them and that she shouldn't be rewarded for treating them so badly.

Just this minute had another txt of the girl it is as follows

Tell you what, if you want hoodeds you can have them for nothing. I don't have any cages tho

I think something has been said and she's not happy :?

Yes, words have been exchanged! but this is between us lot.

I had a long conversation with Caroline about the situation and said that I know Caroline is a softy but she has to be firm with this woman and tell her they are either to be rehomed as rescues OR her details passed to the RSPCA.

Also from a harsh point of view the rats are taking up valuable rabbit boarding space and its this money that helps keep the rescue afloat.

I am still pushing for the woman to sign them over to the rescue so we can rehome ourselves.

Back