• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrific photos of cruelty u/d photos page 7!

Anyone who could let animals get in that state need shot :censored: There's just no excuse for it when there are so many organisations willing to help.

Well it's just the hoodies she is having problems with from what i can tell as i said i wanted a couple of berkies and she said she can't help as she can sell them but not the hoodies

Right just got off the phone to Caroline.

Basically this woman is now contacting Pet shops to buy them off her! and trying to palm off what they won't take.

Just to clarify the rabbits on this post and the rats are from two different people. I was told it was the same person in error. The rats however were still kept in awful plastic boxes though.

I would have given up by now but I know Caroline needs them gone as she doesn't have the time or space. She is far too busy with the 90 rabbits we have at the moment!

How are those lovely bunnies doing? :D

They are doing really well! :thumb: Going back up there on Sunday and will get another update including more adorable photos. The lovely honey lop is having her teeth removed today though.

:D

Why can't she refuse to give the rats back?
If this woman is on benefits she could threaten to call the benefits people? THat should scare her!!
After all, she can't take them back to her flat or she'll be evicted so she can't get the police involved.
She can't call the RSPCA because she is in the wrong. Caroline holds all the cards. :)

Threaten her and make her sign them over.

They are doing really well! :thumb: Going back up there on Sunday and will get another update including more adorable photos. The lovely honey lop is having her teeth removed today though.

:D

Oooh hope she's ok. She is absolutely gorgeous :love::love: .

Glad they are all getting better, look forward to more piccys :D

Why can't she refuse to give the rats back?
If this woman is on benefits she could threaten to call the benefits people? THat should scare her!!
After all, she can't take them back to her flat or she'll be evicted so she can't get the police involved.
She can't call the RSPCA because she is in the wrong. Caroline holds all the cards. :)

Threaten her and make her sign them over.

Will certainly pass your thoughts on and I do agree with them. I wish I had a little more power in all this. Caroline had words with her earlier today and the threat was made. When Caroline gets a spare second she is going to call her again asking her to sign them over.

Only just managed to get these pics to download ( I'm still on dial-up :roll: )

Good grief the poor Buns and Ratties :cry:

I wonder if it might be a good idea for a Mod to move this thread to General Chat where it wont be accessibe to non RU members :?
The owners might have internet access.............:?

Thank goodness Caroline has stepped in to help, but what an absolute nightmare for her :cry::cry:

I really hope all the Buns and Ratties will find lovely forever homes.

Janex

Bit of an update.

Alot of the rats seem to have been sold to a pet shop :( Obviously this was not the plan. Caroline has told the woman to collect the rest and that she wants nothing to do with providing animals to pet shops and only helped because she understood that these were rescues.

The bunnies on the other hand are doing really well. Looking much brighter and healthy. The steel dutch is gorgeous and even comes over for a nose rub now :D

Thats disappointing, but not surprising.

Glad the bunnies are improving and glad they are with Caroline receiving the care and attention they so deserve. Please keep us updated.

Bit of an update.

Alot of the rats seem to have been sold to a pet shop :( Obviously this was not the plan. Caroline has told the woman to collect the rest and that she wants nothing to do with providing animals to pet shops and only helped because she understood that these were rescues.

The bunnies on the other hand are doing really well. Looking much brighter and healthy. The steel dutch is gorgeous and even comes over for a nose rub now :D

I would report her to the council and benefits people anyway. :evil: Problem is, if Caroline gave her the lovely new cages she's got lots of space to jam even more rats into, and if not they go back into those ghastly boxes!!! :cry:
How do you win?
Call the RSPCA! Grrr. :censored:

Sorry, rant over.

Thanks for updating us.Good to hear the bunnies are doing well,shame about the wee rats but hope they all end up alright too.

The teeth have been totally removed by the vet, nothing else could be done.

Are you talking about the front teeth?
I didn't know that. Why can't they just cut most of it, and sand down the remaining so they can continue to use the front teeth?

Back