• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrific photos of cruelty u/d photos page 7!

oh my god look at the curly teeth in the second pic :( :( :(

HOW could you go down to feed your buns every day, see those teeth, and NOT do anything about it?! what would have to got through your mind?!

well done to caroline for saving them, she must be such a strong person, it would be so hard to look at them seeing what a state theyre in and knowing how they've suffered. I hope she can keep positive about it as she's doing a brilliant job.

I wish I could say 'I can't believe it' but really I can believe that and worse of people now. I can also believe it's done as much out of deliberate neglect as ignorance.

Sending lots of (((vibes))) for all the poor bunnies and ratties and hoping they all make a swift recovery and find an excellent new home soon.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and PM's. Those who have expressed the wish to donate I am taken back at your kindess and shall get an address to you (in the middle of all this Caroline is having to move home).

I promise to get pictures of them on Sunday.

Thank you again your all so lovely

Kay xx

:shock::evil::censored::evil::shock:

Ohmygod, don't know what to say

Only last night I was having a snug with my bun and thought to myself how much i loved him and I could never do anything to make him sad or hurt!! And then I see this... It is disgusting!! - If only the people could be kept in similar (if not worse) conditions for a while just to see how awful it must've been for these poor animals.

My thoughts are with these poor buns and the amazing people who have resued them! :)

x

I hope this person is charged over this. Even though there are laws now people rarely seem to get prosecuted!

Just an update the rats have finally all been checked and counted, they are 80 of them!!!! :shock: it is unknown how many of them may or are pregnant!!

So currently The Rabbit Residence is home to 80 rats, and 90 rabbits, plus all the holiday boarders! No wonder Caroline is stressed. She is going to call me later tonight for a chat and I will get more details then.

80 Rats! I can't believe it and all kept in those plastic, sweaty boxes :censored: :evil:

Is Caroline active on the fancy rats forum? www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community
Several members have been involved with high-number rescues very similar to this (one in particular involved someone breeding for snake feed - the "housing" for the rats if you could call it that was smaller than these boxes and housed a mum, dad, 3 week old litter and newborns :?) so may be able to help distribute the rats around the country a bit to increase their chances of getting homed - having a high number in one particular area can make it a bit difficult
Emma at Furryfriends in Surrey has dealt with rescues like this too and may be able to advise/help - contact details are available on Rabbit Rehome or can be found by googling "Emma Furryfriends Coulsdon"

Is Caroline active on the fancy rats forum? www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community
Several members have been involved with high-number rescues very similar to this (one in particular involved someone breeding for snake feed - the "housing" for the rats if you could call it that was smaller than these boxes and housed a mum, dad, 3 week old litter and newborns :?) so may be able to help distribute the rats around the country a bit to increase their chances of getting homed - having a high number in one particular area can make it a bit difficult
Emma at Furryfriends in Surrey has dealt with rescues like this too and may be able to advise/help - contact details are available on Rabbit Rehome or can be found by googling "Emma Furryfriends Coulsdon"

Brilliant thank you. No Caroline isn't part of the forum. She has about 70 emails to get through a week which takes the limited pc time she has so generally I do as much pc work as possible for her. When we know the extent of the aliments etc I will join it then. Thank you for the advice :D

If you want me to pop up a thread with some basic details asking anyone able to help to drop you an email/contact you with their details, do just ask. There are various members around the country (Midlands, South-East, South-West, East, all over) who've organised/helped with these previous large rescues and it definately helped home the rats faster
Emma's mobile number comes up if you google for her and she's very helpful, she may have some more contacts that could help out too

If you want me to pop up a thread with some basic details asking anyone able to help to drop you an email/contact you with their details, do just ask. There are various members around the country (Midlands, South-East, South-West, East, all over) who've organised/helped with these previous large rescues and it definately helped home the rats faster
Emma's mobile number comes up if you google for her and she's very helpful, she may have some more contacts that could help out too

That would be ace. My email (and I am happy for anyone to have my email) is km.lewin@yahoo.co.uk

I shall of course keep you all updated with both Ratties and Rabbits.

Talk about Epic task

How absolutely dreadful. Those photographs are gut wrenching. How those poor animals managed to eat anything at all is a miracle. It must have been pure survival and no pleasure in life at all. I hope they get nice homes as they all deserve so much better.

Vibes to Caroline and her helpers. Hope she gets over her bleak feeling, although having been faced with all these animals in need, is it any wonder!

Those photos are awful, those poor poor bunnies. Evil :censored::censored: who did that to them. Beyond words...

Caroline you are amazing, you truly are. Keep up the good work xx

Words fail me, the guy claims to love his bunnies so why didnt he look after them properly. People like that make me sick to the stomach I think he is a bleeping :censored:. Caroline you are a marvel, and deserve a medal, if you have any doubts about the difference you make, just look at the photos of those bunnies before you sorted them out and the photos after and ask yourself the same question. Ive never been a fan of rats but neither would I like to see them in those conditions. I hope these rescued pets find homes they deserve. Please please kay tell caroline to keep up the good work, bunnies across the country need people like her.

Can I please have the address of the bloke who had them - I want to go round with a sledgehammer and give him a piece of my mind *resumes normal composure*

Please tell Caroline that we are all thinking of her and the buns and please let us know if there is anything that any of us can do.

Helen x

Arrr Caroline is such a star - I've had so much going on in various ways recently I have barely had a chance to say 'hi' to her, but I do think of her often and hope to be able to get stuck back in helping again soon.

Caroline devotes her life 100% to rabbit rescue and is so good at bringing neglected and scared rabbits back to full physical and mental health - as well as ensuring they are rehomed to an incredibly high standard. It's so like her to take on all this work, knowing full well that it will affect her so much financially and emotionally.

Fingers crossed for all these little ones xxx

Back