• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hes still a bit weird?

Your rabbit needs a large pile of fresh hay every day - not hay left in there from Monday - and certainly leaving him without hay is unacceptable.
It is the most important part of his diet.
It is hay that keeps his teeth and digestive system in good order.
I would advise taking him for a vet check.
When you take him for his annual boosters does the vet check him over?

I think plan of action should be : vets, buy puppy pen, order h4p hay, reduce pellets and increase amount of fresh hay.

Fresh hay whenever you can, I work but as soon as I get in I give more hay then they get cleaned out about 6pm, then some more hay late evening before bed, then in the morning before work. If he's on his own for long periods of time then a puppy pen would be the best thing for him.

Your rabbit needs a large pile of fresh hay every day - not hay left in there from Monday - and certainly leaving him without hay is unacceptable.
It is the most important part of his diet.
It is hay that keeps his teeth and digestive system in good order.
I would advise taking him for a vet check.
When you take him for his annual boosters does the vet check him over?

dont get me started on boosters. you lot know i dont take him for his boosters its my choice. i know the risks lets just leave it at that i dont want to argue and this post is not about boosters the last time he went to vets was when he was castrated in in 2010 i think.

yes but only for a couple of hours i think its until 2am and then after its counted as an emergency.

Well get him in as soon as they open and then you don't have to worry for tr rest of the day. Also does he like dried herbs? You can get dried dandelion from wilkos and sprinkle it on his hay it might encourage him.

Are you planning on getting a puppy pen? I have one for my indoor bunnies, I could show you the setup if your interested?

Let us know how you get on :)

i am sorry but every time i come on here i get told off for this and that. so i dont come on often at all.

Emotions run high at this place, people just want what's best an forums are so black and white. Don't feel you can't post on here. A lot of people care about scooter and don't want you to make mistakes they have.

Well get him in as soon as they open and then you don't have to worry for tr rest of the day. Also does he like dried herbs? You can get dried dandelion from wilkos and sprinkle it on his hay it might encourage him.

Are you planning on getting a puppy pen? I have one for my indoor bunnies, I could show you the setup if your interested?

ill phone them tmmorow but dont think they will have enought sdpace to fit him in if not ill have to take him somewhere else. was thinking of changing vets anyways. his isnt the easiest to get to or the quickest.

Well I for one didn't know you don't vaccinate but I haven't seen anyone tell you off for anything. I think Babsie was just asking as check overs are usually included in vaccinations, perhaps she didn't know.

Our vets usually have free spaces just in case so if you ring up you'll probably find a space.

It's emotive people just want what's best an forums are so black and white. Don't feel you can't post on here.

i understand that. ive been made to feel like this since i joined but this forum has really helped me out in the past which is why i keep coming back despite the abuse i get some times.

ill phone them tmmorow but dont think they will have enought sdpace to fit him in if not ill have to take him somewhere else. was thinking of changing vets anyways. his isnt the easiest to get to or the quickest.

I think you need to say its an emergency if they are a decent vet and you tell them your rabbit is not eating they will get him in.

Well I for one didn't know you don't vaccinate but I haven't seen anyone tell you off for anything.

Our vets usually have free spaces just in case so if you ring up you'll probably find a space.

its been long while seen as was last on. i think its had nearly been a year until scooter had just recently got ill this week.

are these the panels you where telling me about ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Puppy-Dog-Kitten-Duck-Rabbit-PET-PEN-Indoor-Outdoor-8-Panel-Square-4ft-/151003188423?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Steamers_Cookers_PP&var=&hash=item23287dccc7

Poppy went down hill incredibly fast, one day she was eating. The next she wasn't and within 2 days we were basically fighting to keep her alive. I think getting him to the vets tomorrow is important, it might be nothing, it might be a case of trying some new hay and reducing his pellets, but only a vet can tell you indefinitely.

dont get me started on boosters. you lot know i dont take him for his boosters its my choice. i know the risks lets just leave it at that i dont want to argue and this post is not about boosters the last time he went to vets was when he was castrated in in 2010 i think.

I really don't know how you expect me to be aware that you don't take him for his vaccinations. I don't understand why anyone would want to put their rabbit at risk by not doing so, but that is entirely your choice.

I was more concerned about the fact that he doesn't seem well and therefore (IMO) needs to see a vet - and his lack of hay.

Long time no see shadow05!
Sorry to hear scooter is still about, i know you struggle for money but have you spoke to your vet about a payment plan should scooter need a dental?
Youve got some top advice i hope you take it and help scooter out.

Long time no see shadow05!
Sorry to hear scooter is still about, i know you struggle for money but have you spoke to your vet about a payment plan should scooter need a dental?
Youve got some top advice i hope you take it and help scooter out.

I don't know what to think now he's mostly back to normal. He will eat his favourite hay with the same enthusasim he had before but not his pellets. Maybe he just prefers the oregano one. He did like it while I had it. I know he loves his herbs.

Back