• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 15th been to vet.

I am so relieved and he is so much better looking already *touch wood* when i walk in the room hes right over at the door and following me about. :love::love::love: hes such a wee angel i love him :D xx

Oh Hayley - I'm so glad Pringle is home, I've been so worried all day about you all........give him a nose rub from Auntie Toni, sending lots of love for him and of course, for you! xx :love:

So glad he is back home with you and feeling a lot better.:D

Thank you.

He is so cute, i am keeping him in with me tonight and i keep nipping downstair to get things and when i open door he comes running over to me then follows me! so i lie on floor and he puts his nose against mine like he givine me kisses :love::love::love: i love him so much!! i hope this clears for good, i really dont know what i would do without him :love::love::love::love:

with love from lolly

:wave:

HalO Pwingle.

mum haz leftt tha roome soe thort i wood uze her pooter too sey haylo and me iz hpppy two hear thatz yoo ar hoam,
lotz ov luv

lollybebunny kiss kiss kiss

Thank you lolly :D

Well Pringle has poo'd but he hasnt since last night :( i am slightly worried, they manages to get in the pin and binch a banana skin that had been put in and ate some of that so i dont know if this is what has stopped him pooing or if its whatever it is that stopped him in first place :(. He has had all his meds, he is eating fine, and he is active still!! just no poop :( xx

Theirs no poo :cry::cry::cry: i really dont know what to do. I have given him all the meds he is meant to etc but he is not pooing :( their must be something stopping it and to me it doesnt look good:(....

He is still eating, running around daft but no poo:(.. i thought maybe if he was on grass for a while get fibre from their that may help but if it is this grass disease i dont want to chance it as i dont know if it comes from grass :cry::cry::cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Theirs no poo :cry::cry::cry: i really dont know what to do. I have given him all the meds he is meant to etc but he is not pooing :( their must be something stopping it and to me it doesnt look good:(....

He is still eating, running around daft but no poo:(.. i thought maybe if he was on grass for a while get fibre from their that may help but if it is this grass disease i dont want to chance it as i dont know if it comes from grass :cry::cry::cry:

Can you hear any gut sounds Hayley?
Put your ear to his tum and have a listen (assuming you dont have a stethescope)
Can you feel any poo in his intestines?
Have you seen him pass/eat any caecotrophs?

What meds has he had ?

Can you hear any gut sounds Hayley?
Put your ear to his tum and have a listen (assuming you dont have a stethescope)
Can you feel any poo in his intestines?
Have you seen him pass/eat any caecotrophs?

What meds has he had ?

Yes his tummy is making little sounds especially when he is eating or drinking.
his tummy doesnt feel blocked and loads of poo like it did but nearer his bottom i can feel a wee drop poo.
Yesterday he kept going to his bottom and then eating so im assuming he is eating his caecotrophs although i havent seen him doing this today although i have been pestering him :oops:

this morning he has had 0.5ml metoclopromide 0.5ml zantac 0.5ml pineapple juice 5ml parraffin. I also gave him a slice of mushy banana with some pro-biotic powder in it to see if that will help :(..

It doesnt come from grass its just called grass sickness in horses,its just an abnormalitle there born with that affects the nerves to the gut
Hope he starts too poo soon xx

We have a few little poo's but atleast its something, not many but hopefully its the start of his poo's again :).

I got told that, but the vet said its just horses that are on grass that seem to get it not the ones in barns etc so i was a bit wary of that :?
xx

We have a few little poo's but atleast its something, not many but hopefully its the start of his poo's again :).

I got told that, but the vet said its just horses that are on grass that seem to get it not the ones in barns etc so i was a bit wary of that :?
xx

Well Claude only went on the grass about 3 times in his life of 5 years and he still got it,my vet said it actually has nothing to do with them going on grass

Well Claude only went on the grass about 3 times in his life of 5 years and he still got it,my vet said it actually has nothing to do with them going on grass

Ok thank you :). Is Claude ok with it? is he on constant treatment :( im worried it is this and they cant do anything about it xx

Back