• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 15th been to vet.

thank you, the vets know what i am like as along their pretty much everyweek and always asking a million questions, think i will give them a phone but not sure how to pronounce words :oops::oops:

Hopefully the fluids will help if he is now on a drip. If he has a build up of poo inside him it has probably become dehydrated and hard so difficult to pass. Putting lots of fluid into him will make it easier for him to pass the poo out.

I can't remember if you said he has had pain relief, as a large blockage of poo is very painful for bunnies

Hope you get some good news soon

He was on a drip a couple of weeks ago, the poo cleared when he came on meds it came back within couple of days :( i just hope it stays away if they can get it cleared :(:(:(:(:(:(:(!!

Hayley I'd definately ask for a full blood profile to be done. His GI problems are likely to be a secondary symptom so even getting his guts going again will only be addressing a symptom not the problem.

Sending lots of vibes for your wee Pringle-Bun

xx

Im really sorry hope he gets better xx
It was a nerve prob that stopped claudes gut moving hence the blockage not moving

Hope Pringle is feeling better soon. I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, been having internet issues!

Kepp us posted Hayley..........sending vibes and noserubs for lovely Pringle...xxx

:wave: hope pringle is oding better..please let him be ok.

my bif is alittle girl with ongoing probs with soft poo inflamming her gut..so therefore no blockage showing up on xray..they wanted to do an unltrasound on ehr whilst holding her down for a hour or two..then she stopped eating propelry but they had just done a dental...so it couldnt be that. the vet said she had suspected cervical cancer but never did any bloodwork or poo analysis etc.....didnt find out bout panacur till that week as it was also rabbit week and bertie had his free check and i was told bout panacur for the first time:shock:

i was told to bring bif back if she wasnt improving to be pts:cry:

however luckily i was on here then...i went to another recommended vet from here for a second opinion..and i got one..and then went to another practice after that..and it was confimred after bloodwork that bif tested positive 10% for EC so i had to do her and bertie for a whole month at least instead of the dosage usually given. like the second opinion vet..fibreplex plus a month of bio lapis was recommended and when bifs mouth was checked it was found her teeth had grown huge spurs..um nope its the fact the vets who wanted her pts had done the wrong side:shock::censored:

so petra did both sides of bifs teeth and shes only had 2 since then and that was about 18 months ago min.
bifs guts were inflammed not a blockage.its why it didnt show up on x rays.
her probs yes theres diet probs and the odd dental..BUT hers is mainly stress...post traumatic stress disorder in buny form....from her being so badly treated before being rescued..her months in the rescue..moving in with us..bonding with oscar then 6 months later being found with his dead body.
bonding with bertie..arrival of the kiitens we took in....our house getting flooded 48hrs later/all the fuss over it till the next summer...bonding failure with willow as a trio....bonding as a forusome fialure.....then xmas sucessful bonding foursome then a few weeks later it failed..she was very ill..mote infested..tummy probs again..so more metacloperamide again! fibreplex bio lapis etc.....

its a reoccurring problem with her and its why i have to try and alleviate stress as much as poss as well as modify ehr diet all the time.
i stopped the ss and changed her to allen and page natural pellets....and lowered the amount and got timmothy hay second cut the green one.

shes also trying some bunny nature sensitive food from hay experst site as a treat..its for dental buns.it makes htem chew more and the hay is the main diet of course with dried grass also..normal outside grass gives her tummy ache so its not something she has daily at all.

please please DONT not ask or question...if i had odne that..bif would have dead 18 months ago!

it may be very different of course but i do read so many similaraties to my little girlie.....

dental probs....stress..diet all affects it...funny bif gets loads of long fibre..still her tums is dodgy but not like it was..the pain was horrific for ehr and she was sooo aggressive because of it..kept attacking other bun....

please please dp not take every vets word as gospel if you know or think you know diff....or suspect diff......
some vets should never be listened to as far as buns are concerned.....:censored:

all i hope is that your bunny makes it xxx

Well my vet tracey phoned another vet to ask if they had a drug (cant remember the name) but its illegal to get it in the uk you need a licence for it. Luckily when the receptionist was asking the vet a woman in the waiting room over heard and had this drug Lynda from C.A.R.R.O.T rescue :D! went through to pick it up and took it to the vet. I got to see my little man :( didnt want to leave him :(.... he had eaten some food, carrot and broccoli as well as some pellets and he had been drinking a little....still no poo though. I spoke to the receptionist for ages she was really nice :). Tracey spoke to me about pringle and said his legs were a bit weak and he was dehydrated so they didnt want to do anymore tests until things improved a little. She is keeping him in over night :cry::cry::cry: to give him drugs throughout the night to try move things along... I am so sad, as it could be so many things, but what if we cant figure out what it is :cry::cry:.... he has still not poo'd which is a worry, i gave him a tummy rub when i went to see him and the receptionist got some hay out of her car (she has a bunny) and gave him a litter tray to help encourage him to poo.

Their is a vet school in Edinburgh which they phoned to see if they could advise anything, and i told the vet i was willing to get a referel their as they are meant to be quite good so hopefully things improve :(:(:(

Can you all send millions of vibes for my little man... its not time to say goodbye :cry::cry:...

I feel so sorry for him being alone.. and poor Sophie is outside looking lonely....

:wave: hope pringle is oding better..please let him be ok.

my bif is alittle girl with ongoing probs with soft poo inflamming her gut..so therefore no blockage showing up on xray..they wanted to do an unltrasound on ehr whilst holding her down for a hour or two..then she stopped eating propelry but they had just done a dental...so it couldnt be that. the vet said she had suspected cervical cancer but never did any bloodwork or poo analysis etc.....didnt find out bout panacur till that week as it was also rabbit week and bertie had his free check and i was told bout panacur for the first time:shock:

i was told to bring bif back if she wasnt improving to be pts:cry:

however luckily i was on here then...i went to another recommended vet from here for a second opinion..and i got one..and then went to another practice after that..and it was confimred after bloodwork that bif tested positive 10% for EC so i had to do her and bertie for a whole month at least instead of the dosage usually given. like the second opinion vet..fibreplex plus a month of bio lapis was recommended and when bifs mouth was checked it was found her teeth had grown huge spurs..um nope its the fact the vets who wanted her pts had done the wrong side:shock::censored:

so petra did both sides of bifs teeth and shes only had 2 since then and that was about 18 months ago min.
bifs guts were inflammed not a blockage.its why it didnt show up on x rays.
her probs yes theres diet probs and the odd dental..BUT hers is mainly stress...post traumatic stress disorder in buny form....from her being so badly treated before being rescued..her months in the rescue..moving in with us..bonding with oscar then 6 months later being found with his dead body.
bonding with bertie..arrival of the kiitens we took in....our house getting flooded 48hrs later/all the fuss over it till the next summer...bonding failure with willow as a trio....bonding as a forusome fialure.....then xmas sucessful bonding foursome then a few weeks later it failed..she was very ill..mote infested..tummy probs again..so more metacloperamide again! fibreplex bio lapis etc.....

its a reoccurring problem with her and its why i have to try and alleviate stress as much as poss as well as modify ehr diet all the time.
i stopped the ss and changed her to allen and page natural pellets....and lowered the amount and got timmothy hay second cut the green one.

shes also trying some bunny nature sensitive food from hay experst site as a treat..its for dental buns.it makes htem chew more and the hay is the main diet of course with dried grass also..normal outside grass gives her tummy ache so its not something she has daily at all.

please please DONT not ask or question...if i had odne that..bif would have dead 18 months ago!

it may be very different of course but i do read so many similaraties to my little girlie.....

dental probs....stress..diet all affects it...funny bif gets loads of long fibre..still her tums is dodgy but not like it was..the pain was horrific for ehr and she was sooo aggressive because of it..kept attacking other bun....

please please dp not take every vets word as gospel if you know or think you know diff....or suspect diff......
some vets should never be listened to as far as buns are concerned.....:censored:

all i hope is that your bunny makes it xxx

Thanks :).. poor Bif. Glad you got it sorted, its so worrying when they arent well.. i just hope pringle recovers tooo:( xx

Sending lots more vibes to Pringle. Hopefully the meds will work soon. Big hug to you and give Sophie a nose rub too.

Wont the vets let sophie stay too? Miffy stayed in with Claude i didnt want them seperated and the vet was fine with it

Back