• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greens

chinakit said:
Can rabbits have coriander? (It's called Cilantro in the USA).

Also what about nasturtium leaves? I have loads in my garden, and I know people can eat them, not so sure about bunnies!

Chinakit

I feed my rabbit coriander plus a variety of other herbs.

OK, will get them some coriander next time I am at the market, they sell it in huge big juicy bunches!

chinakit

chinakit said:
OK, will get them some coriander next time I am at the market, they sell it in huge big juicy bunches!

chinakit

My rabbit has been eating coriander for a couple of years now with no ill effects, however, as with any new food I introduced it gradually (because as you know rabbits can sometimes experience bad tummy reactions when trying new foods). To be on the safe side maybe offer one or two stalks to start off with and if everything seems fine increase over time. I've found this list of other plants/herbs for bunnies.....it says nastutiums are also OK.

http://www.kindplanet.org/rabbitdiet.pdf

Herbert said:
Nor did mine but I stopped it because of what I read, ie. that spinach and also kale are high in calcium oxalates or goitrogens and may become toxic over time.

this reminds me of what these doctors tell us in the news, the impression I get in the news is whatever I eat, one way or the other I'll die. So in the end, I can only do so much.

I eat spinach everyday. I would imagine these toxic are harmful to human as well.

But having said that, there are different kind of spinach, at least 3 that I know of, because I grow 3 different kind in my garden.

Hey, they are organic because I don't use any insect killer, and I don't use fertilizer.

Back