• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grandpa Gregory-U/D 23rd April

Grandpa is still with us. Bless him, he has obviously had some sort of CVA as for about 4 hours last night he lost use of his back end and became very ataxic :cry: His hind leg mobility has improved and he is less shakey but Grandpa has gone blind :cry:
His abdomen feels better and the distended mass is smaller so it may be faeces and gas. He has passed some diarrhoea and certainly seems to 'feel better' for it!! I have kept him hydrated with sub-cut fluids and he has had pain relief and metoclop'. He took a small amount of syringe feed too. Then at about 4am he started to nibble some gratted veg. I am pretty certain he has molar spurs as not only is he finding chewing difficult but I was able to feel sharp spikes on his molars with my little finger.

We will see the Vet this morning but I really dont know if we can hope for a good outcome :cry: I suspect Grandpa is in renal failure, he MIGHT have something nasty going on in his guts he has had some sort of CVA and he also has molar spurs :cry: :cry:

Please send peaceful vibes for Grandpa Gregory. I will do all I can to keep him comfortable.

I wish Christobel were here.......... :cry:

Janex

Awww Jane - sending you hugest vibes and for Gramps to.... stay strong old man...
I hope whenever the time comes that it is peaceful - and I really hope you dont have the vet that you had last time again.
Take care (hugest hugz)

Back