• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed Fosterers Club......Anyone want to own up?? U/D post 181

I've never fostered any animals, but I know that I could never give them up, so wouldn't even try! :oops: :lol:

It just goes to show that as a rescue, getting people to foster for you is a good tactic to find permanent homes for your bunnies! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i Benji and Patch from a lady who had them in one hutch, i seperated them and was planning on maybe rehoming one of them...but guess what..they are still in my garden :oops: ...dont know if this counts though:D xx

When I took on Billy and Emily, I told my hubby we would neuter and vaccinate and then rehome. hehehe they never left and I have just bought them a playhouse for the garden. We've had Billy a year now and Emily 7 months and they've been bonded nearly 2 months now.:D They're 3 years old now so we're hoping for a happy 10+ years with these 2!!

Nicola

It just goes to show that as a rescue, getting people to foster for you is a good tactic to find permanent homes for your bunnies! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: When I went on holiday three buns I was fostering for Jill went to temporary holiday homes ........... and stayed!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Update..........we have 13 failed fosterers

Me, Snowy
Jacks-Jane
Cannonwoman
Doncat
Chloaster
CottonMather
Birdiebun
Tigerbabe
Thumpinbun
Steph
Rabswood
AlisonA
Amethyst

And 2 failed rescuers!!:shock: :lol:

Honeybunny
Sooz22

Anyone else want to own up now??, come on hands up!!, there has got to be a lot more:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

We welcome our newest member Katie7!!

Can also add Hunnybunny2007..she picked up treacle ..one of the "urgent10"..I've not even seen this bun as Susan decided to keep her almost instantly!..She is a good bunny mummy as has had her speyed and mxyi vacs already:D ..buti think falls in the quickest failed foster catergory!:lol:

:rolleyes: I seem to remember rescuing an 'urgent 14 guinea pigs' 2 years ago, even though I didn't like guinea pigs at all, soon to become 21 as 2 gave birth - but hey I can rehome them all on the forum - right??? :p :roll: :lol: Fosterers weaken at your peril :no:

Me, Snowy
Jacks-Jane
Cannonwoman
Doncat
Chloaster
CottonMather
Birdiebun
Tigerbabe
Thumpinbun
Steph
Rabswood
AlisonA
Amethyst
Katie7
Hunnybunny2007

Honeybunny
Sooz22

Anyone else want to own up now??, come on hands up!!, there has got to be a lot more:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
can you count me in, I was only surposed to keep lily, for my friend until a forever home was found. needless to say she found it here with choci and me:lol:

Me, Snowy
Jacks-Jane
Cannonwoman
Doncat
Chloaster
CottonMather
Birdiebun
Tigerbabe
Thumpinbun
Steph
Rabswood
AlisonA
Amethyst
Katie7
Hunnybunny2007

Honeybunny
Sooz22

And yet another one!

We welcome Vikki*and*the*buns

:oops: :wave: I'm a fully paid up member :oops: . I fostered Rusty then when Spike was taken into the Rescue, I asked if I could bond him with Rusty and adopt them... the rest is history.
rustykins003.jpg

IMAG1250.jpg

Here's Fudge(agouti) I collected him new years even from Elaine Tameside rescue. He'd been living in very bad conditions :cry: he was wet and cold and in a tiny hutch ..
He now has 2 other bunnies to keep him company and is a very spoilt boy..

:wave: You can add me to your list.:oops: :D
This is Rosie :love: at 2 weeks old...
may07020.jpg

I was fostering her Mum, who was handed in at 3 and 1/2 weeks pregnant (with Dad who was also mums brother :roll: ) but she was poorly on and off and eventually couldn't feed her babies anymore. By the time I realised there was a problem, it was too late for the other 4. :( Rosie is the first domestic bun I have hand-reared and I got slightly attached :oops:

4 weeks old and already mastered the art of remote chewing. :lol:
june07010.jpg

5 weeks
june07033-2.jpg

She is now 7 months and is tiny at 1kg!
PA190332.jpg

Do you blame me? :lol: I haven't done bad after 5 years fostering and approx 100 bunnies! She is bun number 7 and will be my 'upstairs' housebunny and of course she need a friend once spayed ;)
(sorry for the pic overload)

Back