• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed Fosterers Club......Anyone want to own up?? U/D post 181

I'm a member too.

AS2287.07.jpg

Spencer and Autumn.

Failed Honeybunny fosterers seem to be in the majority at the moment!!!

Ange

So there are 9 of us who have owned up:shock: :lol: :lol:

Me (Snowy), Jack's-Jane, Cannonwoman, Doncat, Chloaster, CottonMather, Birdiebun, Tigerbabe and Thumpinbun.

Anyone else want to put their hand up:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wave: Ahem I hold my hand up :oops: I didnt fail though I just fell in love with a wonderbun and so did Dempsey :lol: Piccy on bonding day of Black Jack my foster bunny for Tree and my rescue bunny Dempsey :lol: Yes they are staying ! :oops:

dempsey006.jpg

I'm not a failed fosterer..but a sort of failed rehomer:?
George was in Honeybunnies for rehoming and lost his partner at the same time one of my buns lost hers...so i put them together and it was love at first groom!:D That was 16 months ago..
George
Georgea.jpg

and pinching the veg before Fern gets it all!
mybunsb.jpg

So there are 9 of us who have owned up:shock: :lol: :lol:

Me (Snowy), Jack's-Jane, Cannonwoman, Doncat, Chloaster, CottonMather, Birdiebun, Tigerbabe and Thumpinbun.

Anyone else want to put their hand up:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmm, we seem to have a membership of ten and a half

The above list plus Steph and half of Jill:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm in the gang!! Tammy came to me from Sooz and when the spay curbed her biting (for 2days :rolleyes: ) I offered her a home her with my gang :D

Tammy

CIMG8257.jpg

Awww look at that cute little face :D

Is there a club for failed rescuers :oops:

08-06-07_1158.jpg

Bobby and Pippa :D

I've been trying to foster for years but keep being told I live too far away from the rescue/their vets so have been home checking instead, however, am about to buy a house and will be VERY close to rescue. Have asked to find out about fostering, they said to go chat when I've moved/settled etc.

My buns are house bunnies so I have a whole garden to foster in :D, my other half has made me promise to not want to keep them all. From seeing your posts it looks like it could be a very slippery slope! Saying that though I think he'll be worse than me, one bunny with a 'history' and he'll be wanting to love him/her and look after them forever - he's softer than me! :shock:

Hmmmm, we seem to have a membership of ten and a half

The above list plus Steph and half of Jill:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There must be more..... theyre either to ashamed to own up, or they just have realised the bunny is staying yet!:lol: :lol:

Oh btw Snowy, my names Donna, but Doncat will do!:wave:

I was supposed to be fostering Maisie until a place came up in a rescue but she never even got on the waiting list! I then had to adopt a husbun for her from a rescue!

But she is rather special.

MaisieRRintro.jpg

Rabswood

I'm also a failed fosterer; I took in Dudley from the freeads and he was supposed to be on his way up to Jill Honeybunnies but never made it. Since then I've been quite good though and let all the subsequent ones go!

Sally Spacegirl is also a failed fosterer on several counts...I think it's about 50:50 so far whether the buns move on again or stay with her :lol:

Benny, on the right of this picture:

dominoandbenny.jpg

He was a Freeads bunny. We were going to take him in (it was an urgent case), deplum him, vaccinate him, then find him a new home. We took him to the South West London bunny meet last year to find him a new home, and managed not only to have a change of heart about rehoming him, but also to come home with the late, great Starla guinea pig too! :oops:

AMETHYST

Update..........we have 20 failed fosterers and 2 failed rescuers!

Me, Snowy
Jacks-Jane
Cannonwoman
Doncat
Chloaster
CottonMather
Birdiebun
Tigerbabe
Thumpinbun
Steph
Rabswood
AlisonA
Amethyst
Katie7
Hunnybunny2007
Vikki*and*the*buns
luvabun
Karen354
jbun1
Montyflossy

And 2 failed rescuers!!:shock: :lol:

Honeybunny
Sooz22

Anyone else want to own up now??, come on hands up!!, there has got to be a lot more:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
It just goes to show that as a rescue, getting people to foster for you is a good tactic to find permanent homes for your bunnies! :lol: :lol:

Back