• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eliza Doolittle- U/D 9th Feb-She's Dead :-(

I'm so sorry Jane. Thinking of you at this sad and difficult time x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I'm rarely here recently Jane so have missed this, but just read the whole thread. I'm so sorry. You really couldn't have done more for her - with you and C on her side she had the absolute best chance. She must've been very sick. I hope you are being kind to yourself and not second-guessing any of your decisions. xx

Jane, I don't read "rabbit chat" very often so have missed this entirely, I'm so sorry. You and your vet fought so hard for your little bunny, as did she by the sound of it (I've just read the lot), but sadly it wasn't meant to be. You did all you could. Binky free Eliza Doolittle :cry: you are at peace now xx

i am so sorry eliza

i have failed you just as i fail at everything

you and all rabbits deserve far, far better than me

letting you down has broken endeavours heart too

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You didn’t fail her, you and your vets did the very best you could for her and I’m so sorry she couldn’t get better:cry:
Sending hugs, and nose rubs to Endeavour xx

Jane, I know you will be aware that feeling guilt is very much part of the grieving process. The feeling is one that I and others will be familiar with, but that doesn't make it rational. I'm sure that you are re-living every stage and every decision that was made in her illness. Knowing, what the facts were, I would not have acted in any way differently. You also made decisions for her care jointly with a vet, whom you trust.

I really don't believe you or your vet could have done more for her. But I completely understand why you are feeling as you do :(

Sending lots more hugs. Eliza will never be forgotten.

You didn't fail her. You did everything you could, along with C to give her the best possible chance. Would C say that you failed her? I honestly don't think she could. Sometimes things are just outside our control. When Flip died whilst being neutered, I felt so guilty, but there was no way I could have known and the fact that his brother Flop survived and lived until he was pts at 7 shows that. We all want our buns to have long and happy lives, but despite our best efforts, sometimes it's just not to be. Lots of love xxx

Oh and don't forget how much you have helped other bunnies outside of your care too.
I'll never forget the time that Bramble was very very ill with a chest infection and your words of advice were invaluable in helping her to recover. I honestly don't think she would have made it without your extra guidance and support xxx

Jane you are the best rabbit owner I know. In no way have you failed her. You know yourself how complex rabbits are. They are such hard work. Please please don’t beat yourself up. Sending you lots of love and support at this difficult time. Xx

:( I am so sorry Jane. You and C gave her the best chance possible and you did what most of us on here would do. My thoughts are with you and Endeavour, she was so lucky to have shared her life with both of you xxx

So sorry to hear this Jane. I have no doubt whatsoever that you went above and beyond doing everything you could for Eliza. Sadly sometimes no matter how hard we try we cannot change or avoid the outcome. No one, no one at all who has lost a bunny has failed them.

Sending you vibes right now whilst you grieve xxxx

Back