• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Endeavour - Updated 22nd March RIP :-(

More vibes for both of you. I'm glad he is doing better and hope he'll recover fully soon. Healing vibes on the way for you as well. xxxxx

I hope Endeavour has stayed stable and had a good night.
I hope you've managed to get some rest too :)

Thinking of you both. I hope that Endeavour is continuing to be stable and that you've managed to get some rest.

Sorry this will be brief. Endeavour remains stable. He is being treated for severe arthritic pain with secondary gut stasis. He also sustained an eye injury when he got stuck on his side and panicked as he couldn’t get up. So he is having eye treatment too.

Things were exceptionally stressful yesterday due to him being so poorly and me becoming seriously unwell too. So I had Paramedics here for some time. Not an ideal situation.

This is Endeavour this morning, he is eating and pooping again now so at least his GI tract function is improving. He is still a poorly boy though

txs71Qo.jpg

Thank you for the vibes. I won’t be able to update this thread any more today.

Aw, poor lad. :( That eye looks sore. I'm sorry he has been feeling so unwell and had so many difficulties. Reinforcing all healing vibes for you both, I hope you'll both be feeling much better soon. ((((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxx

Sending more vibes to both of you. E does look very sorry for himself there. Hopefully his eye will heal quickly.

It must have been so difficult to see him struggling with his arthritic pain when you were so poorly yourself. He is a fighter and it is clear he enjoys being with you.
Sending lots of vibes to you both.

Endeavour’s eye is looking much better this morning. He is brighter within himself and whilst his arthritis is still causing some discomfort he is eating and pooping normally again and maintaining his body temperature. He is taking his analgesic medications well and without getting stressed. He didn’t hasn’t had CLT for a couple of days but will be having a session this afternoon.

He is being reviewed regularly and I will not push him on if he has more bad days than good ones. My trusted Rabbit Savvy Vet is always on hand when needed.

Thank you for your support x

Back